Forms API Unauthorized

Andrew Legrand

Mar 11, 2021, 8:56:37 AM3/11/21
to Accelo Developers
Hi, I'm trying to use the tickets forms API. The authorization for all issues and this issue type are both set to open.

I'm using POSTMAN to POST to https://spera.accelo.com/forms/public/issue

The postman authorization setting for this request is "No Auth"

If I send any query params, I get the error below:

Unauthorized

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

-------

If I don't send any query params, I get the error "You're missing a required field"

What am I missing?

Geoff McQueen

Mar 11, 2021, 11:05:18 AM3/11/21
to accel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

This is quite possibly because you have the Forms API "disabled" in your Admin area of Accelo - have a look at your preference under "Forms API Access" at https://spera.accelo.com/?action=admin_navigation&target=issue_general

One other tip is that I'd do my testing with https://www.accelo.com/_resources/app/dev/forms.html if I were you - means you can concentrate on the basics without doing and form building itself.

Geoff

Geoff McQueen
Founder & CEO

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Andrew Legrand

Mar 11, 2021, 11:29:30 AM3/11/21
to Accelo Developers
Hi Geoff,

> This is quite possibly because you have the Forms API "disabled" in your Admin area of Accelo - have a look at your preference under "Forms API Access" at https://spera.accelo.com/?action=admin_navigation&target=issue_general

The setting is set to "open"

I was able to successfully post using the form you suggested, which is a good work around but doesn't fully resolve the issue. Seems like it must be something in POSTMAN

Geoff McQueen

Mar 11, 2021, 11:42:19 AM3/11/21
to accel...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it could be. POSTMAN is so powerful but that also means the way it sends the parameters can be done wrong really easily. Definitely use the "Body" and make sure you're using "form-data" as your method of sending the values in POSTMAN to represent how a browser will send it.

image.png

Andrew Legrand

Mar 11, 2021, 1:16:21 PM3/11/21
to Accelo Developers
That's it, thanks Geoff!

We're moving our hiring process into Accelo and using the Forms API is a key part of it. I appreciate the help.