How to get the power of all SMs

Lin Jiang

<jiangl2@clarkson.edu>
Oct 30, 2022, 3:20:39 PM10/30/22
to accel-sim
Hi AccelWattch developers,

I am pretty new for the GPU power simulator. I want to get a power trace of each streaming multiprocessor (SM) of the GPU. So is it possible in AccelWattch? I would appreciate it if you can give me some hints if it is possible.

Thanks
Lin Jiang

Junrui Pan

<panjunrui100@gmail.com>
Oct 30, 2022, 9:33:54 PM10/30/22
to accel-sim
Hi,

You may want to wait for Vijay's (Accel-Wattach's author) answer, but I think it's do-able. I think the difficulty is that some stats are global while some are per SM. For example, if you take a look at this file:
You can see most of the stats here are per SM while some are global (all SM combined). Maybe you can start from here. Average global stats, and then add per-SM stats. You can probably also find per-SM counters for some global counters. Most of the SM-level counters are per SM in Accel-Sim.

Thanks

Lin Jiang

<jiangl2@clarkson.edu>
Nov 14, 2022, 2:03:15 PM11/14/22
to accel-sim
Junrui,

Thanks a lot and your suggestions are very useful.

Best wish
Lin Jiang