Error when generating workload trace.

Shougang Yuan

<syuan3@ncsu.edu>
Apr 13, 2022, 8:07:42 PM4/13/22
to accel-sim
Hi, All,

I am trying to generate trace for one workload, and got some error message as follows: tracer_tool.cu:198: void instrument_function_if_needed(CUcontext, CUfunction): Assertion `mem_oper_idx == -1' failed.

Did any of you get the same error? And how to fix it?

Thanks and regards.
Shougang

Junrui Pan

<panjunrui100@gmail.com>
Apr 13, 2022, 9:06:55 PM4/13/22
to accel-sim
Hi,

This could be new instructions that the tracer is not supported yet. Which card are you using? Could you please provide more info? CUDA version, system, gcc etc

thanks,
Junrui

Shougang Yuan

<syuan3@ncsu.edu>
Apr 13, 2022, 9:21:20 PM4/13/22
to Junrui Pan, accel-sim
Hi, Junrui,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using RTX3060TI, CUDA-11.2, ubuntu-20, and the gcc version is 7.5

Thanks again and regards
Shougang

Junrui Pan

<panjunrui100@gmail.com>
Apr 13, 2022, 9:45:02 PM4/13/22
to accel-sim
Hi,

Yea in ampere there is a new inst called LDGSTS. Someone worked on that we merged it into dev. Could you please try if the latest dev branch works for you?

Thanks

Junrui Pan

<panjunrui100@gmail.com>
Apr 13, 2022, 10:11:13 PM4/13/22
to accel-sim
Also please note that even though the tracer is updated, we haven't update the model to simulate LDGSTS

Shougang Yuan

<syuan3@ncsu.edu>
Apr 14, 2022, 10:04:59 AM4/14/22
to Junrui Pan, accel-sim
Hi, Junrui,

Thanks for letting me know this. I tried dev branch last night to reproduce the trace, and the same error is still occurring. I will change to other cards and see if I can solve the problems.

Thanks
Shougang

Message has been deleted

Ni Kang

<conniekang1023@gmail.com>
Apr 14, 2022, 1:18:11 PM4/14/22
to accel-sim
Hi Shougang,

Could I take a look at the error generated when you use the tracer in dev branch?

Thanks,
Ni