OpenIDEO accessible voting concepts looking for applause

Whitney Quesenbery

Mar 12, 2012, 3:06:32 PM3/12/12
to acccessiblev...@googlegroups.com
The OpenIDEO challenge has moved into the next stage: Applause. The community has two days (until Wednesday morning) to review the 155 concepts and applaud those that they (and you) like.

Here's how:
1. Head to http://www.openideo.com/open/voting/applause/

2. Sign in. You must be signed in to participate.

3. Look for the button labeled "Applaud" associated with each concept
  •  On the list pages, it is the last link under each of the concepts, with a title that includes the title of the concept.
  •  On the concept detail page, it is visually at the top of the right column. Jump to that section by using the skip link to "Concept's Statistics and Author Info"

There's no limit, just applaud the ones you are most excited about.

What's next?

On Wednesday, the shortlist of concepts for refinement will be published and the challenge enters the final phase: Refinement.

There is a nice blog post, "The Lowdown on Refinement" that outlines all the ways everyone can participate:
http://www.openideo.com/fieldnotes/openideo-team-notes/the-lowdown-on-refinement-/

As the blog says, "And if you didn't get selected for the Refinement Phase – we still need you! Collaboration loves company so we hope you'll chime in with your feedback and suggestions and be part of developing the shortlisted ideas. Let's refine, together."

Whitney Quesenbery
ITIF Accessible Voting Technology Initiative
http://elections.itif.org