Middle school version of AcaDeca

1 view

Karen Ahrens

Sep 5, 2007, 1:48:27 PM9/5/07
to acadec...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

My school would like to investigate a middle school version of AcaDeca. Problem is, Arizona doesn't have such a program for me to work with. I've heard, however, that you in Texas and California may have such a program. If you have information on how it is run, questions, etc, could you please contact me offlist (or on if you prefer). I would greatly appreciate the help. We're putting on our own little small-school scrimmage here at our school and the middle school people want to hold something for their kids within a week or two of that and of course, I'm in charge of putting it together. I'm really hope I don't have to reinvent the wheel here. :D

Thanks for your help!

Karen

Donnette Alexander

Sep 5, 2007, 4:21:30 PM9/5/07
to acadec...@googlegroups.com

Karen,

Pentathlon is the program run in some Texas Middle Schools.  If you go to the official Texas AcDec site you can download the Pentathlon manual.  That's probably the best place to start.  Sue Edwards (s...@txacadec.org) or Shonna DiStefano (shonnad...@hotmail.com) are the people to email if you have questions

Ker, Cliff

Sep 5, 2007, 4:48:42 PM9/5/07
to acadec...@googlegroups.com
Karen (and others),

There is a program called Academic Pentathlon in CA. LAUSD has not participated in the competition for many years so I can't help you much. You can contact Sharon Nelson in the Orange County Office of Education for information.

Cliff Ker

Sep 5, 2007, 6:31:41 PM9/5/07
to acadec...@googlegroups.com
It's called Pentathlon in Texas, and I bet if you contacted our state director and offered to buy the curricular materials, that she wouldn't mind letting you do whatever you wanted to with them.  You might also contact Tom Mooney tmo...@dallasisd.org as he has had a successful Pentathlon program for many years.
Susan from Skyline in Dallas