Re: 5 minute film/video clip

Rachel E. Beattie

Mar 7, 2019, 3:01:11 PM3/7/19
to Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC), Christina Stewart, Krista Jamieson, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Hi Caroline,

That's a good point.  I was thinking that people can talk over silent clips but I haven't conveyed that in the email.  Next week when I send the reminder email, I will mention that.

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 3:42 PM Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC) <caroline.for...@canada.ca> wrote:

Hello,

Forgot to mention this when I last thought about it. We mention submitting a 5 minute clip but we didn’t mention whether a participant would like to introduce their selection. For those submissions that are silent, we can certainly encourage participants to provide voice over during the screening of their submission.  For those submissions with sound, a short 2-3 minute intro should be considered, unless this information will be covered in the 50 word description of the submission, and the participant prefers not to provide an introduction.

Does this make sense? When I presented at an AMIA Archival Screening Night in Rochester, NY, I provided an introduction with context, and spoke while the silent film was running.

Should we convey this to prospective participants?

Best,

Caroline Forcier Holloway

Archiviste principale, Collection audio-visuelle, Direction générale des Archives
Bibliothèque et Archives Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
caroline.for...@canada.ca / Tél. : 819-934-7260

Senior Archivist, Audiovisual Collection, Archives Branch
Library and Archives Canada / Government of Canada
caroline.for...@canada.ca / Tel: 819-934-7260

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/events/PublishingImages/banner.jpg

--
best

Rachel E. Beattie

Pronouns: She/her

Toronto is situated on the traditional land of the Huron-Wendat, the Seneca, and the Mississaugas of the Credit River. I am grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on this land.