ACA 2021 Virtual Conference

Rachel E. Beattie

Oct 14, 2020, 3:56:00 PM10/14/20
to ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Hi all,

As you have probably seen, the CFP for the 2021 ACA Conference is out now.  Christina and I were thinking that it might be nice to try and do a virtual Archival Screening Night.  I know we decided against this option this past June but I think with more  time we could do something great.  It would mean that we need to say in the call for submissions that submissions have to be copyright free (or that the copyright is owned by the archive or there are permissions).  And all the clips will have to be digital but I think they always were anyway.

We reached out to the head of the Programming Committee and he suggested we put in a proposal in the 'other' category of the submission form.  We were thinking we could just recycle the wording we used for this year and last year with a few tweaks to make it clear that it will be a virtual screening.

What does everyone think of this?  Please let me know if you're interested in helping out with a virtual archival screening night and I can make a smaller thread of us to talk about it.

Also, if anyone has ideas for a sound and moving image themed panel, let us know and we can try to put a proposal together.

best

Krista Jamieson

Oct 14, 2020, 3:58:50 PM10/14/20
to Rachel E. Beattie, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Thanks Rachel and Christina!

I think using the same proposal blurb is smart. I’d love it if we could get the screening to a place where it was a standing thing. I’m happy to help support and coordinate it this year!!

Best,
Krista

Grazley, Jana

Oct 14, 2020, 4:11:18 PM10/14/20
to Krista Jamieson, Rachel E. Beattie, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS

I’m also in! Thanks Rachel and Christina for keeping this on the radar.

Best,

Jana

Cook, Sarah (BAC/LAC)

Oct 15, 2020, 7:35:21 AM10/15/20
to Grazley, Jana, Krista Jamieson, Rachel E. Beattie, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS

Hi everyone, I can help out too.  Thanks for organizing us!

Sarah Cook

Archiviste principale, Direction générale des Archives
Bibliothèque et Archives Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
sarah...@canada.ca / Tél. : 613-790-3879

Senior Archivist, Archives Branch
Library and Archives Canada / Government of Canada
sarah...@canada.ca / Tel: 613-790-3879

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/events/PublishingImages/banner.jpg

Jonathan Wise

Oct 15, 2020, 7:51:30 AM10/15/20
to Cook, Sarah (BAC/LAC), Grazley, Jana, Krista Jamieson, Rachel E. Beattie, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Great idea! I’m happy to help out in any way too.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan Wise
Audiovisual Archives
Canadian Museum of History

Oct 15, 2020, 4:27:52 PM10/15/20
to Jonathan Wise, Cook, Sarah (BAC/LAC), Grazley, Jana, Krista Jamieson, Rachel E. Beattie, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
hi everyone,
I think I have something good to submit this year, I like this idea.

Shyla