New Co-Chair Introductions

kirarazzo94

Jul 2, 2022, 4:38:37 PM7/2/22
to ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS

Hello SMI SIS-ers,

Katrina and I would like to start this email with a note of appreciation for Rachel Beattie's and Christina Stewart's work as co-chairs of the SMISIS. We have big shoes to fill and look forward to continuing their work of community building through events like the archival screening night – we didn’t have a chance to run it this year, but hope to host one during next year’s SIS AGM in mid-May. We also hope to host the following events and would love your participation (and feedback!):

  • Online meeting 1 “Coffee chat – DIY and vendor digitization of audiovisual material” (mid-September)
  • Online meeting 2 “SMISIS unconference” with ignite and brainstorming sessions (November)
  • Online meeting 3 “Coffee chat” the theme will be based on SIS feedback (mid-January)

A little bit about your new co-chairs:

Katrina Cohen-Palacios is an archivist at the York University Libraries Clara Thomas Archives and Special Collections which has over 15,000 audiovisual items in its holdings. She holds a Master of Information and Master of Museum Studies from the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information. She previously served as the co-chair of the AAO’s Professional Development Committee, as an executive member of the Toronto Area Archivists Group, and as a member of the AAO’s Diversity and Inclusion Working Group. She can be reached at kco...@yorku.ca.

Kira Razzo is currently a second year student in UBC's iSchool, working on dual degrees in Archival and Library Science. She is an Executive member of UBC's ACA chapter, and co-chairs two other groups. This includes a newly created AMIA student chapter, which she started in January. Kira is passionate about film preservation, and beyond being involved in AMIA, she is also a member of UBC's Film Society, and has previous experience working with film from student positions with the Kelowna Museum and the University of Victoria. She can be reached at klr...@mail.ubc.ca.

We hope to see you at future events!

Best,

Kira and Katrina