Thank You & Virtual Cocktail Party Invite

ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS

Jun 11, 2020, 4:47:00 PM6/11/20
to ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS

Hello Everyone,

Thank You so much to everyone who attended our meeting yesterday afternoon and welcome to all our new members! We had twenty-two people attending and it was great to virtually meet you. Hope you are having a great ACA conference!

We are inviting everyone to an informal virtual cocktail party we’re having tomorrow afternoon/evening, Friday June 12th at 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST. Please find the zoom detail below.

We also wanted to give a bit of a recap of what we talked about and things we are going to be working on this next year. After our introductions, we talked briefly about how we are all coping and working during Covid-19. We had a great discussion started by member Richard Lochead, who is a retired LAC A/V Archivist and now a NAAB appraiser of SMI materials, regarding member experiences with the tax appraisal process, in particular to small and medium size archives. NAAB is trying to encourage new people to join become appraisers by holding workshops and webinars.

We will also be working on updating our Canadian Supplier and Vendor list, the Textual / Bibliography Resource list, and our membership email list. There was a lot of interest in us hosting and/or providing workshops on a range of topics, and to hold meetings more frequently – every quarter perhaps. We are planning on creating a survey to see what topics you'd like to learn more about. This will help us prioritize which workshops to start with. We will send this out shortly after the conference.

As a reminder, here’s the link to our Google Group where you can post emails to our membership group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aca-sound-and-moving-image-sis

We also have a Facebook page for our group that you can join: https://www.facebook.com/SMIatACA/  This page has been a bit dormant, but we will be getting the page going again and encourage everyone to post on it as well.

Here’s the Zoom details for tomorrows cocktail party. Hope you can join us!

Topic: SMI SIS Social Hour

Time: Jun 12, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 765 9343 6548

Password: 9RtTX8

Grazley, Jana

Jun 12, 2020, 6:07:43 PM6/12/20
to ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS

Hi all,

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to the cocktail hour, but it was great seeing you all on Wednesday and I look forward to future connections and exchanges!

Jana

Jana Grazley

Digital Archivist

City of Vancouver Archives

604.829.4263

http://vancouver.ca/archives

Acknowledging the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ / sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh)

As a reminder, here’s the link to our Google Group where you can post emails to our membership group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aca-sound-and-moving-image-sis [groups.google.com]

We also have a Facebook page for our group that you can join: https://www.facebook.com/SMIatACA/ [facebook.com]  This page has been a bit dormant, but we will be getting the page going again and encourage everyone to post on it as well.

Here’s the Zoom details for tomorrows cocktail party. Hope you can join us!

Topic: SMI SIS Social Hour

Time: Jun 12, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 765 9343 6548

Password: 9RtTX8

Christina Stewart

Jun 13, 2020, 12:18:23 PM6/13/20
to Grazley, Jana, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Hi Jana,

Sorry you couldn't make it last night, but it was great meeting you last Wednesday. Hope you had a great conference and I'm also looking forward to our future exchanges.

Best,
Christina

Christina Stewart

Assistant Media Archivist