SMI SIS Meeting at the Virtual ACA Conference

Rachel E. Beattie

May 28, 2020, 4:22:34 PM5/28/20
to ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Hi all,

I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy in these uncertain times.

I am emailing because the virtual ACA conference is quickly approaching.  When would work best for people to have our meeting?  The best possibilities to seem to me to be on the Wednesday after TAATU (so about 3:30 EST / 12:30 PST) or sometime on the Saturday afternoon (maybe like 3:30 EST / 12:30 PST)?  Do people have a preference for either day?  Please let me know.  The ACA office can book a zoom meeting for us.

Also wondering if people would be interested in a more social kind of cocktail hour thing on zoom (in lieu of the pub night)?  If people are interested in that, how about on the Friday night after the last session?

Also, Christina Stewart has stepped up to be co-chair with me.  Thank you Christina!  Do we need to have an election about this?  I don't know if others are interested in being one of the co-chairs - I'm willing to give up my spot if there are.

I hope that everyone is coping with the pandemic ok and taking care.  Please do respond about when you think the best time to meet is.

best

rachel

Shyla and Jenn

Jun 2, 2020, 3:55:37 PM6/2/20
to Rachel E. Beattie, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
hi everyone,
Midweek is best for me and I like the idea of a cocktail party.

Krista Jamieson

Jun 2, 2020, 4:07:25 PM6/2/20
to Shyla and Jenn, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS, Rachel E. Beattie
Seconded! I’m pretty wiped on the weekend these days.

Rachel E. Beattie

Jun 2, 2020, 5:02:30 PM6/2/20
to Krista Jamieson, Shyla and Jenn, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
I've emailed our board liaison and requested a meeting time on the Wednesday - I will let you know how that goes.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

best

best

Rachel E. Beattie

Pronouns: She/her
Black Lives Matter
Toronto is situated on the traditional land of the Wendat, the Seneca, and the Mississaugas of the Credit River. I am grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on this land.

Shyla and Jenn

Jun 4, 2020, 12:00:59 AM6/4/20
to Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC), Rachel E. Beattie, Krista Jamieson, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Congratulations, Caroline, and enjoy it!

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 4:33 PM Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC) <caroline.for...@canada.ca> wrote:

Good luck with the meeting!

It took 3 days to clean out my office in Gatineau. I didn’t realize how much I had accumulated over the decades.

All the best,

Caroline

Caroline Forcier Holloway

Archiviste principale, Collection audio-visuelle, Direction générale des Archives
Bibliothèque et Archives Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
caroline.for...@canada.ca / Tél. : 819-934-7260

Senior Archivist, Audiovisual Collection, Archives Branch
Library and Archives Canada / Government of Canada
caroline.for...@canada.ca / Tel: 819-934-7260

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/events/PublishingImages/banner.jpg

Rachel E. Beattie

Jun 4, 2020, 8:13:54 AM6/4/20
to Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC), Shyla and Jenn, Krista Jamieson, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
All the best to you Caroline!

Thanks so much for all your help with this SIS.  Enjoy your retirement!

best

rachel

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 7:41 AM Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC) <caroline.for...@canada.ca> wrote:

Thank you.

Jonathan Wise

Jun 8, 2020, 2:11:09 PM6/8/20
to Rachel E. Beattie, Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC), Shyla and Jenn, Krista Jamieson, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. Sorry for the late reply. I've just found out that my registration for the ACA conference was cancelled during COVID disruptions. Subsequently, I'm not sure I'll be able to join you all for a virtual meeting/cocktail party. Are you still planning to meet?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan Wise
AV Archivist
Canadian Museum of History

Jun 8, 2020, 2:22:19 PM6/8/20
to Jonathan Wise, Forcier-Holloway, Caroline (BAC/LAC), Shyla and Jenn, Krista Jamieson, ACA's Sound and Moving Image SIS
Hi Jonathan and all,

Another sis chair has asked if non-registered sis members can attend the sis zooms, I am waiting to hear the answer on that.

But I am planning to do the cocktail hour on my own personal zoom so if anyone on this list would like to come to that, regardless of whether you are attending the rest of the conference, please feel free to come and join us!