BUG: The filter fields are gone. How to restore them?

Katharina

Feb 1, 2017, 11:58:19 AM2/1/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
This morning almost all filter fields disapeared. I restarted the program several times and realized that the filter fields are shown for about 1 second as before:

Then it switches to this castrated bar:

I did not change the options in the prerefences and in addition changing them has no impact to this unwanted bar view:

How to get the missing filter fields back?

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3

.dan.g.

Feb 1, 2017, 6:17:13 PM2/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Welcome Katharina.

There was a bug when upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1 but I thought I had fixed that.

Can you make sure you have the very latest 7.1.0.11 (Help > Check for updates)?

If you have got the latest version and it's still a problem, can you:

1. Attach a copy of your current preferences (ini) file to this thread so I can determine the problem
2. Open the filter visibility settings (View > Task Attribute Visibility) and make an arbitrary change and click OK. I believe this will fix things.

Katharina

Feb 2, 2017, 3:45:26 AM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Yes, it's 7.1.0.11. Suggestion 2 was it and I learned something about the third column ;-) In the German version the essential word is not visible:

About the inis: For some reason TDL has 4 ini files. I don't know why this happened. I copied TDL to the OneDrive folder and use it on different computers. The computer I use TDL now is not in this list. On CSL... and EEEPC I used TDL just some days ago but the ini files are much older...

Thanks a lot - for TDL in general and your help!
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Pierre de la Verre

Feb 2, 2017, 5:06:42 PM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I suppose that the "strange" INI are forgotten copies of original files. Neither the name nor the file-date shows that it is used by Todolist. What happens if you remove the three files? I think that there will be no effect on Todolist.

Katharina

Feb 3, 2017, 3:13:30 AM2/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for this suggestion. Since I'm always a bit anxiously I put them in a folder "old INIs", wait and see.