Question: Please explain why time spent on an archived subtask is deducted from the total time spent on the parent task

Henrik Lund

Feb 11, 2019, 1:20:03 PM2/11/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
To me it does not make sense that the time spent on a subtask is deducted from the total time spent on the parent task if the subtask is archived. To me archiving means "get this thing out of my sight but don't delete anything". Have I misunderstood something?

Best,
Henrik
Completed_Archived.png
Completed.png

.dan.g.

Feb 11, 2019, 11:00:56 PM2/11/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Henrik

The software calculates parent task totals dynamically, based on its specific subtasks, and unfortunately there's no distinction between deleting a task and removing it due to archiving.

The only way to really workaround this is to:

1. Not archive until an entire top-level task is complete
2. Set the filter to 'Incomplete Tasks' to hide all your completed tasks.

Henrik Lund

Feb 13, 2019, 8:39:13 AM2/13/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,