BUG: Delete key on file embedded in rich text prompts to delete Task

Tony G

Dec 29, 2015, 12:23:53 PM12/29/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Drag/drop a file into a rich text comment, and embed a copy of the file.

Selecting the new object and tapping the Del key results in a prompt to delete the task. So in the wiki I warned not to do that, but to use the context menu and the Delete option there.

I wanted to see what would happen if I disabled the preference to confirm on delete. When I did that, the Del key on an object in rich text then worked on that object, and with no prompt.

So I re-set the delete confirmation, did another drag/drop, and tried the Del key again. This time it correctly deleted the object and with no prompt.

It looks like the Del key is bound to the window, but after "something" triggered by one of the above actions, it then gets applied to the comments area as it should.

I can't reproduce this, I'm thinking whatever was set is now no longer being unset. I tried in v6 where we don't have drag/drop but we can still embed files, and the Del key worked as expected on any object with focus.

I hope someone else can verify this.

Regards,

.dan.g.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:59:10 AM1/1/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Selecting the new object and tapping the Del key results in a prompt to delete the task

This is an old(ish) and quite rare bug where the comments doesn't actually have the focus even though it looks like it does. I have never been able to reproduce it reliably.

Let's keep an eye on it.