Suggestion: Introduce selectable daterange for 'Save Task View to Image'

mikro

Sep 20, 2018, 5:00:06 AM9/20/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
often a Gantt plan features a way bigger range as is neccessary for the current issue.
For example a topic started last year and will continue longtime.

For work in progess only the last weeks and ~3 month in the future are relevant, a timetable needs to be prepared for a meeting.

Now it would be cool to have a calendar start- and end-date to set. This could be positioned in the 'Selected Task Date Range field.
Gantt elements out of the defined scope are not calculated or cut.
Perhaps an additional modul could preprocess all Tasks before they are passed to the gantt image modul and change start and end dates dates to the calendars scope start and end date where neccessary as well as omiting elements out of scope ...

It could look like this

Omiting dateranges not looked at momentarily could also improve performance with bigger plans with active 'rollups' and arrows which at the moment tend to show some lag.

Do you think this would fit in?

cheers
Mikro

P.S.: Thinking about it this function could be a feature of the Gantt Chart to improve performance and handling of bigger timetables, not only the image Export ...

.dan.g.

Sep 21, 2018, 3:29:03 AM9/21/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Very interesting idea, I'll see what I can do for 7.3.

Some comments:

0. Probably start with something like this to specify the range but drawn consistently with the current app
1. I suggest that this would just be a way to limit the horizontal scrollable extents
2. This would not filter tasks out because we already have a global method for filtering tasks that includes dates.
3. The date range would also be used for 'Save to Image'
4, In addition to specifying the start and end of the range, it would be possible to drag the whole range ie. like moving a 'window' over the data.

Even with the limitations of 1/2 I think it could be a great new feature and I kinda can't wait to get started!!

Thanks

mikro

Sep 21, 2018, 5:12:53 AM9/21/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
8D
nice!

Looking forward to test the first proto!

.dan.g.

Sep 24, 2018, 9:07:18 PM9/24/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

ganttactiverange.PNG