BUG: Toggling from registry settings to ini files isn't persistent after restarting TDL.

nor...@googlegroups.com

Nov 29, 2016, 7:51:59 AM11/29/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all !

(Maybe) since 7.1 RC1, when I'm trying to toggle between the registry mode for my preferences to the .ini mode by using the 'Export preferences from registry', TDL ask me if I want to restart now in order to use the new settings. By clicking 'yes', TDL does not restart at all but show that the new ini file is used. When I manually restart TDL, it's the registry settings that are used again ...
See the little video attached ...

Thanks for considering this point :)

Regards

.dan.g.

Nov 29, 2016, 8:19:25 PM11/29/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Koruneko

I agree that the preferences change does not appear to be persistent, but I disagree that TDL said it would restart - It just asked if you wanted to start using the preferences...

I'll look into the persistence issue.

.dan.g.

Nov 29, 2016, 10:32:55 PM11/29/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
The issue is that TDL will only find the preferences if they are called 'ToDoList.ini'.

So the fix is to NOT show the subsequent 'Do you want to start using...' message unless this is the case.

ps. If you save to another filename then the only way to have TDL use these preferences is via the '-i' commandline switch.
pps. Can you confirm that if you save to 'ToDoList.ini' then the preference are correctly reloaded?

Koruneko

Nov 30, 2016, 3:41:43 AM11/30/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello !

It's OK by using todolist.ini as the filename : when TDL is restarted, the registry is not used anymore, just the ini.
Thanks for your answer.

.dan.g.

Dec 5, 2016, 5:29:38 AM12/5/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx. I've updated 7.1.RC2 to only prompt if the filename is 'ToDoList.ini'.