BUG: resizing text area/ field

Stefan

Feb 14, 2019, 7:30:08 PM2/14/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello.

The bar to resize the text field/ area (see screenshot) isn't available / disappears after the first start of ToDoList. (reproducible)

Resizing or restarting the application corrects the problem.

Bye and thank you very much for your work!
1st_start.jpg

.dan.g.

Feb 14, 2019, 7:36:25 PM2/14/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Stefan

>> after the first start of ToDoList. (reproducible)

1. What _exactly_ do you mean by 'first start'?
2. Can you give me the specific steps to reproduce it using 'Introduction.tdl'?

bgrupczy

Mar 5, 2019, 4:57:16 PM3/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I found the same issue. Might it be the screen DPI scaling in Windows 10?

I deleted my .ini, open tdl which creates a new .ini with defaults, Maximize tdl window, and then changed the SplitPos by a few pixels (325->328) and noticed the thumb icon for the slider shifted over. So I moved it more (360) so that it was not visible. When I mouse over where it should be, the mouse cursor changes for resize but I'm not able to resize. Capture attached. I just do a quick ctrl-shift-m twice to get things back in order.

Doesn't happen unless I maximize.

[FileStates\Introduction.tdl]
HiddenExtensionCount=0
ListViewVisible=1
ShowAttributes=1
SplitPos=360
View=-1
todolist-slider_issue.zip

bgrupczy

Mar 5, 2019, 5:04:48 PM3/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I just generated a bug report adding categories. This issue can be closed as duplicate.

.dan.g.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:23:48 PM3/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I decided to keep this thread instead and updated the categories.

.dan.g.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:23:57 PM3/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi bgrupczy

Can you re-record it, starting from (and including) deleting the ini file please?

And can you attach the ini file after closing TDL?

.dan.g.

Mar 6, 2019, 9:18:27 PM3/6/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I'm thinking this may also be related to this report so it would be good to be able to reproduce it.

bgrupczy

Mar 6, 2019, 9:23:01 PM3/6/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I'd agree. I should be able to get you a new recording tomorrow. Thanks!

.dan.g.

Mar 6, 2019, 11:54:50 PM3/6/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
That would be great!

bgrupczy

Mar 7, 2019, 10:50:06 AM3/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Recording and .ini attached. Let me know if you need anything else.
ToDoList.ini
todolist_slider_full.zip

.dan.g.

Mar 7, 2019, 9:25:59 PM3/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Many thx, that has enabled me to reproduce the issue!

topforum

Mar 11, 2019, 8:21:16 PM3/11/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
It's true - it's the same problem. What better way could I have communicated back then to help find the solution?

Short test:

"Fixed further 'High DPI' scaling issues"
The problem is not solved in version 7.2.8.1 yet.

After starting ToDoList everything is OK. - as soon as a tdl file is opened, the problem still exists.

Hope lives -

.dan.g.

Mar 16, 2019, 11:17:13 PM3/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.9?

Brad Grupczynski

Mar 18, 2019, 4:54:02 PM3/18/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I got moved to a Mac. It works under Wine on a Mac! No good way for me to verify since there is really no maximize as far as I can tell yet.

-Brad

Sent from my iPhone

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

.dan.g.

Mar 18, 2019, 8:31:41 PM3/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> It works under Wine on a Mac!

That's so cool!

Did you have to do anything clever to make it work?

Could you possibly take a copy the Linux instructions and create a 'Mac' version for me (even if it's not as extensive)?

Stefan

Mar 19, 2019, 5:49:53 AM3/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
no problem with 7.2.9. anymore! Many thanks!

.dan.g.

Mar 19, 2019, 9:25:54 PM3/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Great news!

Brad Grupczynski

Apr 11, 2019, 3:59:40 PM4/11/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dan, Here is a rough cut. It’s pretty cut and dry. Let me know if you need anything else on this. I did this again last week so most everything is fresh in my mind. Should have written the doc along side the install. It’s very close to Linux install. And I took out the “hints” that might also be useful in Mac but I wasn’t sure. Better NOT to advertise a feature I’m not sure of.

Install.Mac.txt

Brad Grupczynski

Apr 23, 2019, 8:46:00 PM4/23/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I don’t remember sending this. Sorry! Been sitting here for awhile. It’s down and dirty and stolen from the Linux version. I’m just out of time to give it the refinement it could use. But it’s a start.
Install.Mac.txt