Suggestion: Introduce Filter Menu for custom Date Attributes

mikro

Sep 11, 2018, 2:05:40 AM9/11/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
we had a smal chat about that in the 7.2RC2 topic and I'd like to keep the idea alive,
being having a filter menu for custom date atributes.

To address the filtering logic issue, I could image two approaches:

1. Introduce a 'DueDate' and a 'StartDate' Atribute instead of one 'Date' Atribute.
This should open up the possibility to reuse the existing filterlogic from the standard 'Due' and 'Start Date' Attribute.
.
2. Simplify the filtering for the existing 'Date' custom Attribute.
Date Filters:
<any>
<none>
<specific>
<before specific>
<after specific>
This would cover basic usecases and should not cause logic issues.

I tend to prefer the first idea, since the filters 'end of week' and so on apply very well to office shedules :).

What do you think?

Cheers
Mikro