Questions: Delays when saving tdl files on a webdav volume

Alex Jakushev

Feb 3, 2017, 7:40:57 AM2/3/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a tdl project which resides on a mounted WebDAV volume (I use cryptomator, it creates encrypted volume, similar to truecrypt, but exposes it through webdav share that is mapped to a volume via standard windows means). When TodoList saves the file (+backup), very often todolist goes unresponsive for a minute or more. This does not happen every time, sometimes the save goes fast and smoothly. My tdl file is less than a 1MB.

I initially blamed my webdav volume, but file managers copy files to/from the volume without any problems at the same time as todolist hangs unresponsive. Moreover, I can see the read/write activity of the volume, and while todolist hangs, nothing gets read or written there.

.dan.g.

Feb 3, 2017, 8:42:49 PM2/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Alex

Issues storing tasklists via WebDAV has come up before and the big problem is this: I don't know how to set up an equivalent environment on my computer so that I can investigate it.

If you can help me with this I would be happy to explore this issue further...

Alex Jakushev

Feb 6, 2017, 10:18:20 AM2/6/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Actually, it should be pretty easy in this case, as no cloud services are involved.

1. Download and install cryptomator https://cryptomator.org/

2. In cryptomator, create a vault (you will have to choose an arbitrary folder and a password)

3. Unlock the vault - cryptomator will provide webdav access to it (acting as a local web server), and will automatically map the webdav folder to some available drive letter.

4. On the mapped drive, create tdl project.

5. Modify and save the project multiple times. For me, at some point the saving takes minutes to complete. There is a burst of read/write activity before and after the wait.

-----------------

Below is a call stack of todolist 7.1 while it waits. I am on windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.  HTH

ntdll.dll!NtClose+0xa
wow64.dll!Wow64EmulateAtlThunk+0x196d
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7
wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x2d
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1ce
wow64.dll!Wow64KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0x204
wow64win.dll+0x32caa
ntdll.dll!KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0x1f
wow64win.dll+0x3feaa
wow64win.dll+0x1af32
wow64win.dll+0x32877
wow64win.dll+0x1b06e
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7
wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x2d
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1ce
wow64.dll!Wow64LdrpInitialize+0x42a
ntdll.dll!RtlUniform+0x6e6
ntdll.dll!EtwEventSetInformation+0x1da09
ntdll.dll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xe
ntdll.dll!NtClose+0x12
KERNELBASE.dll!FindFirstFileW+0x16
ToDoList.exe+0xf6cc6
ToDoList.exe+0xb866e
ToDoList.exe+0xb8427
ToDoList.exe+0xc5c2f
ToDoList.exe+0xc60d2
ToDoList.exe+0xc5bb2
ToDoList.exe+0xd5501

.dan.g.

Feb 6, 2017, 6:39:11 PM2/6/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Alex, I'll give it a go.

I'll also see what's happening at those function addresses and report back.