BUG: Kanban 'Fixed column' issues

zajchap

Mar 22, 2016, 4:29:55 AM3/22/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
  1.  Kanban preferences|Columns.  Using fixed columns.  You select the custom attribute fine, but the Attribute values in the grid are only ever the Attribute values of the first custom attribute.

  2.    If using 'the following fixed columns only', the Preference 'Always show backlog column' is not honored.

.dan.g.

Mar 23, 2016, 7:38:31 PM3/23/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx J, I'll get those fixed for the next update.

.dan.g.

Apr 1, 2016, 10:03:03 PM4/1/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.DR7?

zajchap

Apr 2, 2016, 4:29:56 AM4/2/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,  This doesn't seen to work for me.  I will need to do some testing, but from a quick look:
 - Fixed columns for built in attributes is fine.  The -Fixed Columns - entry in the Attribute to track box is great.
 - Custom attributes only shows the backlog column
 - When selecting custom attributes for putting into the fixed column grid, only backlog shows.  Fixed attributes appear fine.

.dan.g.

Apr 3, 2016, 8:23:33 PM4/3/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> - Custom attributes only shows the backlog column
>> - When selecting custom attributes for putting into the fixed column grid, only backlog shows.  Fixed attributes appear fine.

Thx J.

Can you attached some screenshots showing your fixed column setup, and a sample tasklist which doesn't work pls?

zajchap

Apr 4, 2016, 7:23:11 AM4/4/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Apologies Dan,
Not sure what was happening the other night, but this all seems to be working as expected now.  Perhaps I tested this particular function with a previous Dev version ;-/.

One thing that is odd is the Kanban preferences dialog.  When selecting a new attribute to put into fixed columns, the dialog doesn't re-draw properly (see attachments).  Closing it and re-opening fixes the issue.
2016-04-04 23_13_38-.png
2016-04-04 23_14_02-.png

.dan.g.

Apr 4, 2016, 8:22:48 AM4/4/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> When selecting a new attribute to put into fixed columns

This is an artifact of 'Preferences > User Interface > General > Enable window fading...' which I've never been able to resolve in other instances.

Since I only wrote because it seemed cool at the time perhaps it's time for it to die quietly...

Hotmail

Apr 4, 2016, 8:40:50 AM4/4/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

            > One thing that is odd is the Kanban preferences dialog.  When selecting a new attribute to put into fixed columns, the dialog doesn't re-draw properly (see attachments).  Closing it and re-opening fixes the issue.

Works fine for me.

.dan.g.

Apr 14, 2016, 9:09:55 PM4/14/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> the dialog doesn't re-draw properly (see attachments)

I've disabled the 'window fading' in DR8.

zajchap

Apr 15, 2016, 4:20:16 PM4/15/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Problem has gone away.