Suggestion: Predictive filter on fields

Alessandro Verdoni

Mar 1, 2019, 3:43:57 AM3/1/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
I noticed that, every time I add a new item in the field "Assigned to" it is memorized forever.
This is a great feature because it is not necessary to retype the item every time.

On the other side, after a while the list become really huge (see below).
Do you think it would be possible to:
- automatically show the list as soon as the control is activated.
- add some sort of prediction filter excluding all the items not matching with the letters already typed into the textbox?

thanks for considering.

Cattura.PNG

.dan.g.

Mar 1, 2019, 4:01:42 AM3/1/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
A very interesting idea, Alessandro, which needs careful thought (so 7.3 at the earliest).

In the short-term how about I scroll the list to highlight the first item matching what's being typed?

Alessandro Verdoni

Mar 1, 2019, 8:59:10 AM3/1/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
I guess that highlighting the first item matching what's being typed could also be a valid solution.

Thanks Dan for your quick answer.

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/