Info: ToDoList 7.3 DP1 (Development Preview) is Available for Download

.dan.g.

May 12, 2019, 2:01:44 AM5/12/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

I'm please to announce the first Development Preview of 7.3

Get it here. Once you have installed it you will be able to update via the built-in updater.

Note 1: Most of the new features are essentially complete.
Note 2: Bug Reports and Comments should only be added to This thread. Comments elsewhere will be ignored.
Note 3: Feature Requests should only be made on the Main Thread. Features here will be ignored.
Note 4: DON'T USE IT FOR PRODUCTION UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THE RISK OF DATA LOSS.

What's New:
  1. New 'HTML Comments' plugin offering better table editing and image handling
  2. New 'Workload View' for micro-managing (see this thread)
  3. New 'Workload.tdl' and 'Gantt Chart.tdl' example tasklists
  4. New 'Fraction' custom attribute type
  5. 'Group By' added to 'Analyse Logged Time'
  6. 'Auto-Complete' added to attribute droplists
  7. 'Date-Slider' added to 'Gantt View' to control visible date range
  8. 'Colour Schemes' added to 'Fonts and Colours' preferences
  9. 'Burndown View' has better font handling and anti-aliased rendering with transparency
  10. 'Cost' values can be prefixed with '@' to make them behave like a rate (cost per time-spent unit)
  11. 'Named Filters' added to 'View' menu to support keyboard shortcuts
  12. 'Heat Maps' added to 'Calendar View'
Enjoy!

Pietro Cerchiari

May 14, 2019, 9:41:39 PM5/14/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

could you explain how the new feature "workload" works? I have a few questions about it.
Why it doesnt get estimated time from task?
Why is the duration always on days?
Why when I set a duration it doesnt update estimated time?
How does it calculates workload? duration/(due date - start date)?

Thanks and sorry for all these questions.

Pietro Augusto RUY CERCHIARI

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

Pietro Cerchiari

May 14, 2019, 9:43:05 PM5/14/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Could you make custom date field filtrable?
Thx

Pietro Augusto RUY CERCHIARI

Fredrik Jonasson

May 15, 2019, 1:58:32 AM5/15/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I would like to submit a suggestion regarding how "Analyze Logged Time" work.

I would like to be able to add more Task attributes to output of Analyze Logged Time. (Currently: Task ID; Title; Time Spent; Path)
Preferably Custom Attributes should be able to add, as I often use a custom "Account" attribute as to which account time spent should be charged.
And if the Breakdown selected could be set by one of these attributes as well that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Fredrik Jonasson

May 15, 2019, 1:59:52 AM5/15/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Please see attachments. csv represents custom attribute called Account.
Analyze_Logged_Time_ByAttribute.png
ToDoList_Log_Report.csv

Fredrik Jonasson

May 15, 2019, 2:00:46 AM5/15/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thank you, it looks about how I imagined it.

But to be picky, why does it not include any user added custom attributes?
Is custom attributes implemented in some other way than the predefined? For example, "Attribute inheritance" also does not show custom attributes.
(perhaps this should be a new topic)

Koruneko

May 16, 2019, 11:31:02 AM5/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan !

Thx for this new major version of TDL. I havent't tested it yet because of a crash when trying to put the comment in html mode.
I send you the report. The problem occurs both on my two Windows 10 computers but it works fine on Windows 7.

Regards
Todolist_7.3.DP1_Windows-10_problem.zip

.dan.g.

May 19, 2019, 11:45:59 PM5/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you also enabled logging (Tools > Enable Logging') before the crash and attach the log file please?

.dan.g.

May 19, 2019, 11:48:37 PM5/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> But to be picky, why does it not include any user added custom attributes?

Try changing your 'Account' attribute to be a list of type 'Dynamic Content, Single Selection'...

Koruneko

May 20, 2019, 3:37:44 AM5/20/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
The zip with the trace, ini and window_eventlog files.

Regards.
TodoList_Win10_problem.zip

.dan.g.

May 20, 2019, 8:31:28 PM5/20/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks.

Just to reduce any variables, can you:

1. Re-install to clean location and run
2. Select 'English' as the language
3. Select all the 'Setup' defaults without any changes
4. Change the comments of the default selected task to 'HTML'

And if that still crashes, can you try un-ticking 'Tools > Preferences > User Interface > Fonts and Colours > Comments font' and then trying again?

.dan.g.

May 21, 2019, 3:12:42 AM5/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to abstractspoon-todolist-support+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Koruneko

May 21, 2019, 9:50:54 AM5/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan.

I've donne the tests and it still crashing.
I've made a ProcMon dump (file joined in PML format) of the moment of the crash (when the system call the WerSvc service). It occurs during (or just after) the calls of the ntdll.dll file.

I'm not enough skilled to analyse deeply the dump but maybe are you ...

Regards
Logfile.PML
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

May 22, 2019, 11:34:23 PM5/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you paste these 3 files into your install folder and see if that improves things?

Koruneko

May 23, 2019, 8:36:24 AM5/23/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello !

Sorry, no improvement after pasting these files.

Regards

.dan.g.

May 25, 2019, 10:15:11 PM5/25/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Actually that's a good thing because otherwise it would have been much more difficult to fix.

Let me have a further think about how we can explore this...

ps. Are all the other plugins okay?

Koruneko

May 28, 2019, 5:49:16 AM5/28/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

I've tried with the list I actually use from 7.1.13 and worked for all the TDL versions since and the same ini file that I use in 7.2.

- Kanban does not work with the fixed columns, despite the fact that the colums seems to be correctly defined in the preference menu. Colums have the correct colors specified in the preference menu for the fixed columns ; and are tracking the correct attribute (state). However columns are empty : no tasks are displayed.

- Workload : I haven't tested it, neither read the manuel but weekdays calculation seems strange. Anyway, I don't plan to use it for the moment.

- General : TDL seems to be significantly slower than 7.2 version. However, I tested it on a virtual machine so it can explain that feeling.

Regards

.dan.g.

Jun 1, 2019, 11:25:03 PM6/1/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Also there's a new example 'Workload.tdl' tasklist to experiment with.

.dan.g.

Jun 1, 2019, 11:37:01 PM6/1/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for your feedback Koruneko.

>> Kanban does not work with the fixed columns

Thanks I'll look into it.

>> Workload : ... but weekdays calculation seems strange

Can you be more specific regarding 'strange'? BTW the plugin might make more sense with the new example 'Workload.tdl' tasklist

>> TDL seems to be significantly slower than 7.2 version.

I recently made keyboard navigation much quicker in 7.2 and this is now also included in 7.3.DP2.
I also made moving tasks with the keyboard quicker in 7.3.DP2 although there is still work to be done.

>> I tested it on a virtual machine

This probably isn't necessary since individual apps can no longer bring Windows down but definitely experiment on a 'throwaway' copy of your tasklist

ps. Was the crash with 'HTML comments' also under a VM? If so, could you test it straight from Windows Explorer please?
pps. I have also added a new 'Report Writer' exporter to 7.3.DP2 which uses some of the same components as the 'HTML Comments' so it would be interesting if this also crashes for you.
ppps. If the crash is only under a VM, can you give me details of your VM setup so I can try to reproduce it?

.dan.g.

Jun 1, 2019, 11:38:49 PM6/1/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Fredrik

In 7.3.DP2 I've loosened the strictness of what custom attributes can be 'grouped by'. Can you let me know if that is any improvement?

Koruneko

Jun 5, 2019, 3:40:31 AM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I was on holydays.

>> Workload : ... but weekdays calculation seems strange
Can you be more specific regarding 'strange'? BTW the plugin might make more sense with the new example 'Workload.tdl' tasklist
With one of my tasklists, I have strange results in the duration calculation as you can see in the picture. : start date : 28/03/2019 / Due date : 08/05/2019 => Duration : 0 weekdays

ps. Was the crash with 'HTML comments' also under a VM? If so, could you test it straight from Windows Explorer please?
HTML comments crashes both under VM and hard PC. I don't understand what you mean by testing it straight from Windows Explorer.

pps. I have also added a new 'Report Writer' exporter to 7.3.DP2 which uses some of the same components as the 'HTML Comments' so it would be interesting if this also crashes for you.
> I confirm that the HTML report writer made  TDL crash too, the same way (ToDoList.log attached to this post)

ppps. If the crash is only under a VM, can you give me details of your VM setup so I can try to reproduce it?
> TDL crash both on VM and "hard" PC.

I'v tested it with 7.3 DP2 and find the same issues.

Regards,
ToDoList.log

.dan.g.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:41:39 PM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for the update.

I'll create a very simple demo app which just hosts the 3rd party web browser control I am using and we'll iteratively try to determine the cause of the crash.

.dan.g.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:42:42 PM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. Looks like all the WorkLoad calculations are wrong!

.dan.g.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:04:14 PM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you try running this demo please?

.dan.g.

Jun 5, 2019, 11:18:44 PM6/5/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> I have strange results in the duration calculation as you can see in the picture

When I looked into it I found the calculations were correct but the column width was too narrow to display all the digits!!

Can you try resizing the column manually and let me know if the numbers still look wrong?

Koruneko

Jun 6, 2019, 3:25:12 PM6/6/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dan,

I've done the test with the demo apps : it works fine, appart the 'paste' icon that making an error that says 'invalid caracters in the path'
however, Ctrl+V is OK.

I've made a new test on my personal PC, and get the same issue (after installing TDL from scratch / put it in english language and let all the settiongs by default) : TDL crash (without any windows that notice it).
I've tried another procmon on it and maybe this one could help you :

Just before calling the WerSvc (due to the crash), Window try to open a HTMLContentControlBridge.pdb file in the TDL folder ; and can't find it. After checking Wikipedia, PDB seems to be a file in which Microsoft stores some debugging informations. So mayve the HTMLContentControlBridge.dll is the cause of the problem under Windows 10 ?

In the Window 10 events viewer, there's the following error message :
Application : ToDoList.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.ArgumentException
   à mshtml.IHTMLStyle.set_fontSize(System.Object)
   à MSDN.Html.Editor.HtmlEditorControl.set_BodyFont(MSDN.Html.Editor.HtmlFontProperty)
   à A.B.A(System.String, Int32)
   à HTMLContentControl.HTMLContentControlCore.SetContentFont(System.String, Int32)
   à <Module>.CHTMLContentControlBridge.SetContentFont(CHTMLContentControlBridge*, HFONT__*)

I've also made a procmon on the demo tool and it seems to make any call of this specific dll : that's maybe why it's work ?
I haven't find any informations about this dll on the Internet, and no info about the version in the metadata  : maybe have you design it ?

Hope this will help you and many thanks for your efforts to try debugging this issue !

Regards

Edit : I've done a ProcMon dump with the HTML export option : the result is the same : just before the crash, there's a call to the HTMLContentControlBridge.dll.
in the events viewer, there's the following error message :

Application : ToDoList.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.ArgumentException
   à mshtml.IHTMLStyle.set_fontSize(System.Object)
   à MSDN.Html.Editor.HtmlEditorControl.set_BodyFont(MSDN.Html.Editor.HtmlFontProperty)
   à A.b.A(System.String, Int32)
   à HTMLReportExporter.HtmlReportTemplateForm.a()
   à HTMLReportExporter.HtmlReportTemplateForm..ctor(System.String, Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.Translator, Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.TaskList, Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.Preferences)
   à HTMLReportExporter.HTMLReportExporterCore.InitConsts(Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.TaskList, System.String, Boolean, Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.Preferences, System.String)
   à HTMLReportExporter.HTMLReportExporterCore.Export(Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.TaskList, System.String, Boolean, Abstractspoon.Tdl.PluginHelpers.Preferences, System.String)
   à <Module>.CHTMLReportExporterBridge.Export(CHTMLReportExporterBridge*, ITaskList*, Char*, Boolean, IPreferences*, Char*)

ps : I've tried to replace the MSDN.HtmlEditorControl.dll in the TDL package with the demo 'package' one, because the versions are different, but with no effect : same crash, same error messages.

.dan.g.

Jun 6, 2019, 10:29:29 PM6/6/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Many thanks.

Can you try this build out please with logging enabled? I've added some messages in the lead-up to 'MSDN.Html.Editor.HtmlEditorControl.set_BodyFont'

Regards

Koruneko

Jun 7, 2019, 7:23:38 AM6/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

It's crash. Here is the log file.

Regards
ToDoList.log

Koruneko

Jun 7, 2019, 7:30:37 AM6/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

That's it !! Sorry for not noticing this !

Regards

.dan.g.

Jun 8, 2019, 3:41:41 AM6/8/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I think 'SizeInEms(0,6692)' is the problem.

The .Net library has formatted it with regional settings but the webbrowser is hard-coded to use a '.' as decimal point.

I'll fix this for the next update and then things should be okay.

.dan.g.

Jun 8, 2019, 3:42:27 AM6/8/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No problem at all, because there was a bug in the column width calculations so it's a win-win!

Koruneko

Jun 13, 2019, 6:09:08 AM6/13/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello !

I confirm that forcing the decimal symbol to '.' instead of ',' fix the crash. Hope it'll work in the next update because I can't modify this parameter on my pro. computer.

Regards

.dan.g.

Jun 13, 2019, 6:49:21 AM6/13/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Yes, it will definitely be fixed in the next update - hopefully this weekend.