BUG: Translation issue - Cleanup does not save; no moving of lines

Pierre de la Verre

Jan 25, 2016, 2:41:26 AM1/25/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
a) the 'Cleanup' button is not currently saving the language file after cleaning it.
b) The software does not move newly translated lines from [Need_translation] to [Translated] inside the current language file.

.dan.g.

Jan 26, 2016, 4:20:29 AM1/26/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Confirmed.

Pierre de la Verre

Feb 9, 2016, 1:15:23 PM2/9/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Version 7.0.13:
now the "Clean up" button creates a cleaned language file, but it does not create a "...removed.csv" file
Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

Feb 22, 2016, 6:40:38 PM2/22/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in 7.1.DR4?

Hotmail

Feb 23, 2016, 2:56:47 AM2/23/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

7.1 DR4 – semi fixed

+ it adds missing strings from yourlanguage to German

- it does not move translated strings to the [translated] section

- it does not remove outdated strings

.dan.g.

Feb 23, 2016, 7:03:18 AM2/23/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Seems to work okay for me.

Can you try again with the just-updated YourLanguage.csv, and if it still doesn't work can you send me your working copy of German.csv for me to test against?

Pierre de la Verre

Mar 1, 2016, 9:16:56 AM3/1/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
7.1 DR5:

- Clean up works fine
- Translated strings are not moved to [Translated] section

.dan.g.

Mar 1, 2016, 6:15:55 PM3/1/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I can't reproduce this :(

Hotmail

Mar 2, 2016, 1:20:38 AM3/2/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Here is my current file. It works, but it is not sorted correctly. I got Spanish in the same style – clean, but not sorted.

Peter

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Wiki and other resources: https://github.com/abstractspoon/ToDoList_Wiki/wiki

Glasl_Anlagen.zip

.dan.g.

Mar 2, 2016, 1:47:41 AM3/2/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I think I understand the issue now.

When you first click 'Clean Up' the missing items are added in NEEDS_TRANSLATION and this is working correctly.

Then the missing items are translated and you want them to be sorted into TRANSLATED when you click 'Clean Up' again and that's not occurring.

And the reason it's not occurring is because the clean-up detected no changes.

However I can improve on that by also checking for differences in the number of translated/needs translating items.

Leave it with me :)

Hotmail

Mar 2, 2016, 2:04:08 AM3/2/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

In the older versions of TDL the moving (sorting) of translated strings was independent from „Clean up“. Every usage of the file moved the translated stings to the correct section.

.dan.g.

Mar 2, 2016, 7:26:57 AM3/2/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Only when 'Add to Dictionary' was enabled.

Hotmail

Mar 2, 2016, 7:52:09 AM3/2/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

               > Only when 'Add to Dictionary' was enabled.

Maybe you should reactivate it (like before or as semi-hidden feature...)?

.dan.g.

Mar 2, 2016, 6:22:54 PM3/2/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No because that causes more trouble than it's worth.

I'll just change the cleanup button to always re-save the dictionary so the sorting is done.

.dan.g.

Mar 20, 2016, 4:12:11 AM3/20/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.DR6?

Hotmail

Mar 24, 2016, 2:34:20 PM3/24/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Yes, fixed in in 7.1.DR6.

„Clean up“ Button moves newly translated strings to the correct section.