Suggestion: Comments upgrade

Alessandro Verdoni

Jan 9, 2019, 5:44:59 AM1/9/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan, thanks a lot for your great job.

I'm going to use more and more ToDoList as a multitask environment, including minutes of meetings, archive manager, planner, etc.
From this point of view it would be very nice to have an improved comment window.
Here some suggestions:

  • improve tables functionality (add/delete row/column, merge cells, add headers, etc...).
  • making comments toolbar customizable by adding macro buttons.
  • Give the possibility to save customized templates for future use (minute of meetings, cost lists, snag lists, offers, invoices, and other standard forms.

I can easily imagine that this is a big request and it need a lot of developing time, but it would also be a big improvement of this fantastic software.

.dan.g.

Jan 19, 2019, 2:41:06 AM1/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I'm in the process of writing a HTML comments plugin for 7.3 which will mostly be WYSIWYG but it will also allow you to edit the HTML for advanced formatting.

Alessandro Verdoni

Jan 19, 2019, 12:09:02 PM1/19/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
This would be great!

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

Brandon Sapp

Jan 22, 2019, 2:27:50 PM1/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
What about using LaTex or some sort of markdown language?

Alessandro Verdoni

Jan 23, 2019, 3:50:58 AM1/23/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hmm, LaTex is not the easiest way to handle a text. In my opinion a WYSIWYG editor (like TinyMCE or CKEditor) would be much more appreciated by the average users.

.dan.g.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:22:36 PM1/23/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

htmlcomments.PNG