BUG: clear start date programmatically?

cad gkmm

Nov 7, 2017, 9:52:38 AM11/7/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I saw that it is possible to programmatically clear the completion date: http://www.abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=command-line#cd
"As seen above, as of v7.0.1 the -cd switch can be used to clear the completed date/time with two consecutive double quotes ( ”“ )."

Unfortunately it also says in that paragraph: "This does not apply to other date fields."

So sad. ;-)
Is there another way of how to clear the start date (and maybe even the due date) programmatically?

Thx and regards, S.

cad gkmm

Nov 9, 2017, 9:58:57 AM11/9/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I found a work around.

Since I am really using autohotkey (ahk) to write my "UDTs" and "assign" my own hotkeys, I use ahk to do a "controlclick" on the checkbox of the start-date field in order to disable it, however, since it could be the case that the task's start date is aleady disabled (which would then cause the calendar pop up to come up), I make sure that it is enabled first by setting the task's start date to some value by means of the command line switche "-sd" (I use todays date but ahk could also read out the current date the field is/was set to). Then, since the focus now is on the date field, I set the focus back to the control where focus was to begin with (also using ahk). Sounds a bit messy but actually works quite well and even quickly so far. (The only optical downside is a short flicker of the start date checkbox.)

For sure, this would also work with the due date field.

Regards, S.

.dan.g.

Nov 10, 2017, 4:18:21 AM11/10/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Unfortunately it also says in that paragraph: "This does not apply to other date fields."

Looking at the code suggests that even the completion date is not currently handled but I will fix the next update of 7.1.4 and 7.2 so it will work for Start, Due and Completion dates. (so I've changed it to a bug)

.dan.g.

Nov 12, 2017, 2:24:05 AM11/12/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.4.9

cad gkmm

Nov 13, 2017, 1:44:05 AM11/13/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Thx, it seems to work, however, now I cannot set a start or due date anymore with the -sd or -dd switches (tested only in the 7.2.A6 version).

.dan.g.

Nov 13, 2017, 4:08:05 AM11/13/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Apologies, I didn't understand my own code and made a mistake.

.dan.g.

Nov 13, 2017, 4:24:11 AM11/13/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Refixed in 7.2.A6 and 7.1.4.9.

cad gkmm

Nov 13, 2017, 4:47:50 AM11/13/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
np, haha, I know from my own experience how it is, yes, that can happen sometimes
thx for the quick fix, seems to work now as expected.