Question: Why is .TDL file modified time different to the time in the filename?

Ralph Earey

Apr 12, 2018, 10:31:18 AM4/12/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan - I've noticed that the modified time of the backup is 5 mins behind the time captured in the filename (see attached examples). Surely the modified time is the last time the file was written to and therefore it shouldn't be possible for the time in the filename to be 5 mins in advance of this? My auto-save tasklist is set to 5 mins.
2018-04-12 14_57_48-Open Tasklist.png

.dan.g.

Apr 12, 2018, 9:53:34 PM4/12/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Ralph

Backing up the file takes a copy of the last time the file was modified, but the filename is the current time.

So:

1. I have a file last saved at 3pm
2. At 4pm I make a change and hit 'Save'
3. TDL takes a backup of the file before saving (Last Mod: 3pm) and gives it the current time in its name (4pm)
4. TDL saves the tasklist which updates the modified time to 4pm

Ralph Earey

Apr 18, 2018, 4:43:56 AM4/18/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Dan - that makes sense now.