Question: Rich text, resize of large image is awkward

Tony G

Dec 24, 2015, 12:36:25 PM12/24/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Drag/drop a JPG image file into a rich text field. The sample I'm using is large: 14MB, 2576x1920 res @ 24 BPP
Now position to the bottom right corner and attempt to downsize it.
It doesn't downsize, but if you drag out a bit to enlarge it, then immediately drag it back in, it will downsize.

I understand this isn't an image editing application. But as I was documenting this area I had to choose between describing the awkward behaviour, ignoring it, or reporting it.

It is also Not a good idea to place images into a .tdl file, as that inflates the file size. However, in a future version if the packaging changes and this becomes more acceptable, then I think resizing like this would be expected to work.

Thanks.

.dan.g.

Dec 26, 2015, 7:59:14 AM12/26/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I have no control over this. The MS RichEdit control handles this internally.