BUG: Support OneNote protocol in comments

fernando

Sep 28, 2017, 6:56:34 PM9/28/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
It would be incredibly useful to have support for the OneNote protocol to be able to link to OneNote pages directly. It sort of works already

1. Make sure the comment box is Rich Text and that Word is set to do content format conversions
2. right click a page or paragraph in OneNote and select Copy link
3. Paste into the comments box.
4. The link is clickable and works
5. Navigate to another task and come back to this task
6. The OneNote link is no longer clickable

.dan.g.

Sep 28, 2017, 8:34:57 PM9/28/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Fernando

Yes, I see what you mean. I'll be able to fix it but only by converting it to the less-readable 'onenote:///' format.

.dan.g.

Sep 28, 2017, 8:36:37 PM9/28/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. Please post 7.2 bugs only to the 7.2.DP threads. Stops the main list getting polluted with issues that are not relevant to most people.

fernando

Sep 29, 2017, 12:44:17 AM9/29/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Dan, the onenote:/// format would still be very useful!  I didn't post it as a bug report since ToDoList didn't officially support it (as far as I know)

.dan.g.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:47:44 AM9/29/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No worries then.

To me it's still a bug because the 'onenote:///' protocol has actually been supported for some time. I just hadn't tested the actual pasting of a link!

fernando

Oct 2, 2017, 1:55:48 PM10/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Great, I see it now pastes as onenote:/// in 7.2 A1, thanks for adding it!. However, the notebook that I use is hosted online so the pasted link is 'onenote:https://d.docs.live.net/xxxxxxxx' which does not get turned into a link. If I add '///' manually, the link works as expected (opens in OneNote on my desktop). I can live with adding the slashes manually but just filing this as a bug report anyways.

To summarize:
- pasting a link to a locally stored OneNote notebook, it shows up as 'onenote:///c:\xxxxxxx' which works correctly
- pasting a link to a cloud hosted OneNote notebook, it shows up as 'onenote:https://d.docs.live.net/xxxx' which is not clickable.  Changing it manually to 'onenote:///https://d.docs.live.net/xxxx' gives the correct behavior.

.dan.g.

Oct 2, 2017, 8:00:50 PM10/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Fernando, that should be easy to fix.

.dan.g.

Oct 7, 2017, 3:15:34 AM10/7/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.A2?