Suggestion: Drag&Drop Outlook message > order of fields in 'Comments'

G-Eric

Jan 15, 2019, 12:27:41 PM1/15/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I use to { drag and drop + holding the ALT key } Outlook messages on tasks to have the history as subtasks of the original parent record.

When doing this, there is a popup window coming in front, where it offers to direct each field of the message to a specific field of the task record.
In my usage, I direct all fields to 'Comment' except:
- creation time > creation date
- entry ID > file link
- sent date > start date
- subject > title.

The result is that all other fields of the Outlook message are in the 'Comments', as expected = ok.
My question is: is it possible to modify the order of the fields imported in the 'Comment' field?

The reason of my question is as follows:currently, the body of the message is the first top field in the 'Comments'.
As a consequence, when the message is long (e.g. several replies / forward), all other key fields (From:, To:, cc:, priority, ...) are at the bottom of the 'Comments' (i.e. below the body).

I would like to place the body at the bottom of the message to (quick) view in the right panel the key fields above the top of the body (i.e. the last part of the message).
It would avoid a forced navigation to the bottom of the 'Comments' to catch the details.

Thanks for your advise
Eric

.dan.g.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:00:18 PM1/15/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Eric

I think I can just fix it to work that way since it sounds like a good default.

.dan.g.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:01:03 PM1/15/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. Thx for your detailed post, it makes decision making so much easier :)

G-Eric

Jan 16, 2019, 12:48:55 PM1/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for your comment, and happy to read you are open to consider it as a default.
I will patiently spot this in future change logs.

.dan.g.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:49:41 AM1/17/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Will be in 7.2.3.