BUG: No Tree/List context menus on Linux

simplenuity

May 15, 2016, 2:00:49 AM5/15/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Sorry, only discovered this now!

bug: In both panels of Task Tree and List View the context menu is not working/ appearing via right click. IF in the other views (Calendar, Statistics, etc.) there is also supposed to be a context menu available, it's also not working. \
Right clicking on a specific task (row) it will only highlight it.
Right clicking on a specific column title won't do anything.

tested with fresh installs and Introduction.tdl in 7.0.13 and 7.1.A1 on Linux

to reproduce: unpack TDL.zip, start TDL with Introduction.tdl and try to right click on any sample task or column title.

Please let me know if you need more info or certain testing done.

Thanks,
Ryan

.dan.g.

May 15, 2016, 8:37:57 PM5/15/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Sorry, only discovered this now!

No worries Ryan, it's been like this forever.

I had given up ever expecting to fix it because i can't debug it but I suspect that I can still fix it now that I have an easy way to test on Linux.

simplenuity

May 15, 2016, 9:04:15 PM5/15/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks, Dan.
Am sure it would increase the usability of TDL on Linux dramatically.
Please don't hesitate to pass on any kind of work/testing I can do on my end to make your life easier.

.dan.g.

May 17, 2016, 10:19:55 PM5/17/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Also I forgot to ask whether the context menu shows up in the comments fields?

simplenuity

May 18, 2016, 12:09:57 AM5/18/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Yep, the context menu shows up in the comments fields :)

.dan.g.

May 27, 2016, 1:37:42 AM5/27/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.A2?

simplenuity

May 27, 2016, 6:36:36 AM5/27/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Almost :)

The right click shows the context menu, which is great and a huge improvement. Even if the following glitch can't be solved:

Linux: If I right click on a certain task the context menu opens as expected. But it is not possible to straight away right click on another task and open the context menu. First the context menu needs to be closed! In case I don't want to choose any menu entry (which would close the menu) I first need to LEFT click somewhere outside the context menu to close it. THEN I can trigger the context menu again via right click.

Windows: If I right click on a certain task the context menu opens as expected. I can straight away right click (which also closes the context menu) on another task and get the context menu shown again.
Not only shorter in the description, but also in the work flow :)

Thanks, Dan, for all the hard, dedicated and highly detailed work! Outstanding!