Suggestion: Split task from cursor position in a commentary

Luis Palomino

Feb 1, 2018, 8:31:51 PM2/1/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel. Sometimes is necessary split a task using the comments. It would be useful to split a task from cursor position in comments, cutting the lower text and paste it into a new created task and leaving the upper text in the first task. Thank you.

Luis Palomino

Feb 28, 2018, 9:48:11 AM2/28/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Daniel. At this time I've couldn't import yet my old content with RTF comments into TDL. However if I export some tasks from my old software to a single MS doc file and then I copy it and paste it into a new task in TDL, the comment preserves all the RTF format. This is good. I think that we can use this for import. I suggest to implement a keyboard shortcut that permit splitting a task from cursor position in comments, cutting the lower text and paste it into a new created task and leaving the upper text in the first task. The title of each new task could be generated from the first line of it commentary. Thanks for consider it.

Daniel's response:

Sorry, I've tried to explain that features that would require the application to know about the details of the rich text comments plugin cannot be implemented.

New suggestion:

If comms' plugin don´t allow work with it, please, why not consider create your own plugin for make TDL better?