Suggestion: Quick search - highlight - only search in text / comment

topforum

Mar 19, 2019, 4:01:40 PM3/19/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Dan,

(1)
Quick search - what do I have to set to highlight the search term in the text?

ctrl + f = Find in text / comment is highlighted
Quick search = Find location in text / comment is unfortunately not highlighted

(2)
Is it already possible to highlight all search results in a text?

(3)
Quick search - How can I restrict the quick search to the following options
( x ) Quick search in task title only
( ) Quick search in text/ comment only
( ) Quick search everywhere

best regards
topforum

.dan.g.

Mar 19, 2019, 7:25:29 PM3/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> 1 and 2

Not currently possible

>> 3

Also not currently possible but the filter bar supports this:

Tools > Preferences > User Interface > General > Filtering > When filtering by 'Title', match on:

topforum

Mar 21, 2019, 5:54:13 PM3/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Filtering - I have activated "Filter title" in the options a long time ago.

Problem with that:

Filtering doesn't show the results in the to-do list. You also have to open the to-do list manually.

Here a user-defined option would be helpful, that in case of a filtering all hits are expanded, no matter how deep they are nested.

Maybe in the future it will be possible to integrate the quick search in the options so that you can restrict the quick search to "Title" or "Comments" or "Title and Comments".

Then the quick search would be just as comfortable as the current filtering.

What do you think of my suggestion?

I often want to add further text information ( comments ) to an existing entry ( subtask ).

The unique keyword corresponds to the title.

Hence my earlier request that the text field be accessible via a hotkey so that the text is inserted one hundred percent securely in the text field.

Due to focus problems, it is currently often the case that the focus is in the task list ( not always ) and therefore an automated insertion into the text field cannot be ensured.

The easy way is the best way.