Пређи на прву непрочитану поруку

Oliver Sahr

непрочитано,
14. 10. 2015. 02:19:5714.10.15.
– abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel,

I use ToDoList at work and also at home.
So I have my ToDo-file on a USB stick to transfer it between home and work.
I also open this file in ToDoList for Android by plugging my USB stick to my Android phone.

If I loose the stick then everybody who finds it would be able to access the ToDo file.
This file contains all my personal tasks and also private information.

Of cause I can encrypt my whole USB stick, but at work I am not allowed to install any application (I can use portable applications).
And this will not work on my Android Phone as well.

So please allow to protect the ToDo-file with a master password.
This requires that the file is encrypted, so only with the master-password it can be read.

In the settings the user should select when the password is required:
- only once when opening the ToDo-file
- after [edit field with value 10] minutes of inactivity
- when user locks the PC

Please add also a hot key and a toolbar button for locking the file.

When a file is locked ToDoList shows an empty panel without any data.
Also the fields "Project" and the fields below the task list are empty.

Would enhance the security a lot!

Greetings

OLLI

.dan.g.

непрочитано,
14. 10. 2015. 02:33:4414.10.15.
– ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Olli

TDL already supports password protection: 'File > Encrypt Tasklist'.

Currently TDL will request a password whenever the tasklist is switched to or the app is pulled to the foreground.

The only secure to override this is to run TDL with '-x' on the commandline in which case TDL will only request a password when the tasklist is first loaded.

Dan

Oliver Sahr

непрочитано,
14. 10. 2015. 03:26:0514.10.15.
– abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel,

this feature helps me a lot!
It would be more user friendly when you skip the "-x" parameter and add the options that I suggested above:

In the settings the user should select when the password is required:
- only once when opening the ToDo-file
- after [edit field with value 10] minutes of inactivity
- when user locks the PC

Please add also a hot key and a toolbar button for locking the file.

Would be fantastic!

Greetings

OLLI

.dan.g.

непрочитано,
14. 10. 2015. 05:09:0514.10.15.
– ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> add the options that I suggested above:

It might be more usable Olli but it would also be more insecure since someone could modify your ini file without your knowledge and prevent the app asking for the password.

>> Please add also a hot key and a toolbar button for locking the file.

You can easily add a hotkey yourself via the preferences and this is not a common enough operation to put on the toolbar.

Dan
Одговори свима
Одговори аутору
Проследи