Suggestion: Reload changed Tasklist only when focussed

Oliver Sahr

Oct 13, 2015, 3:02:28 PM10/13/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel,

I use ToDoList at work and also at home.

At work I have 3 ToDo-files I am working with:
- tasks of our complete team
- my tasks at work
- tasks of a software-project

Especially my boss uses ToDoList very excessively.
So I get every 5 minutes the message that the ToDo-file was changed from an other user and if I want to reload it.

This is very annoying, especially when ToDoList does not have the focus or when I have  an other ToDo-file in focus.
Then the focus switches to this message window while I am working with an other ToDo-file.

The ToDo-file of our team is stored on a network drive and is 5 MB in size.
So reloading the ToDo-file takes some seconds.
The option to "automatically reload the file" is slowing down ToDoList (if I work in an other ToDo-file and ToDoList reloads the changed ToDo-file then ToDoList hangs for some seconds).

Suggestion:
If ToDoList does not have the focus or if an other ToDo-file has the focus then don't show the message.
Only if ToDoList and also the ToDo-file have the focus check if the file was modified.

Greetings

OLLI

Hotmail

Oct 13, 2015, 4:39:21 PM10/13/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
> Suggestion:
> If ToDoList does not have the focus or if an other ToDo-file has the focus then don't show the message.
> Only if ToDoList and also the ToDo-file have the focus check if the file was modified.

IMHO this could be an additional setting, but not the replacement of the current behaviour, which makes sense too.

Pierre

.dan.g.

Oct 13, 2015, 8:13:09 PM10/13/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I agree.

.dan.g.

Oct 13, 2015, 8:15:10 PM10/13/15
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Olli, I'll add an extra option to the droplist in 7.1.