Jeremy Timothy

Sep 11, 2017, 12:38:52 PM9/11/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I believe I found a similar question to the one I have, but I want to be sure.

I have added an email or task link from Outlook into comments area of TDL. (I have omitted my email address and replaced it with XXXX)

 <outlook://XX...@xxxxxx.com/Inbox/~Re%3A Marketing help>

When I click the link, I get "You'll need a new app to open this link" from windows and a "Look in the App Store" box. I click the box and there is no available program.

I have tried to hold shift and drag the email. I get a different link with many letters and numbers. This link has the same response as the other.

I would like the outlook message to open when I click the link. Do you know if this is possible? Do you know if there is away for Outlook to be the default program for this link and will open it when the link is clicked?

Jeremy

.dan.g.

Sep 12, 2017, 5:23:00 AM9/12/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy

My currently design/code seems to trigger Windows 10's continued push to up-sell every possible opportunity so I'm belatedly playing catch-up.

1. Is it just this link that is causing a problem or all 'outlook' links?
2. 'Simple' or 'Rich Text' comments?
3. Can you give 7.2.DP11 a try and tell me if you get the same result?

ps. There is something about links containing '~Re%3A' that some versions of Outlook just do not like

Dan

Jeremy Timothy

Sep 12, 2017, 1:57:16 PM9/12/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Yes! It works! It works with  7.2.DP11.(I tried with rich and simple text).  I must press shift when dragging the email into the text area, but this is no issue.

The first email I pasted into the box had a perfect link - not numbers and letters. It immediately opened the email. I didn't get a snap shot of the link and I can't get TDL to replicate a similar link since.

Now, If I don't press shift while dragging the email over, it won't work. I have attached a couple of photos for you to see.

Thank you so much. For some reason, I have always had this hindrance which forces me to use other project and task management software. But, I like TDL he best. It gives me much more than others. I really appreciate all you have done with this software.

JeremyInline image 1Inline image 3Inline image 2

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

.dan.g.

Sep 13, 2017, 4:00:50 AM9/13/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for the update Jeremy.

I may try to port the fix in 7.2.DP11 to 7.1.4 but I recall it required some structural changes to handle changes in Windows 10. This means I could fix the link problem but break something else.

7.2.DP11 is fairly stable AFAIK (and I use it all the time) but let me know if you would prefer to stay with 7.1.4.

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 03:57:16 UTC+10, Jeremy Timothy wrote:
[...]

Jeremy Timothy

Sep 14, 2017, 5:41:39 PM9/14/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I'm going to stay with 7.2.DP11. I have had no issues with it.

I'll let you know if I find a bug.

Jeremy

Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/
Wiki and other resources: http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=todolist-description
---

.dan.g.

Sep 14, 2017, 10:29:41 PM9/14/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Jeremy.

FWIW I'm going to fix it in 7.1 too because the changes were not as significant as I recalled.

On Friday, 15 September 2017 07:41:39 UTC+10, Jeremy Timothy wrote:
Dan,

I'm going to stay with 7.2.DP11. I have had no issues with it.

I'll let you know if I find a bug.

Jeremy

.dan.g.

Sep 23, 2017, 5:30:51 AM9/23/17