Question: How to link to a separate task in the File Link field?

Dave

Apr 19, 2018, 10:42:45 AM4/19/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Greetings all - new user to ToDoList and so far really liking it.

I'm entering a task and would like to reference a separate task.  Looking at the file link field, it says "task link" is a valid entry.  I took that to mean a task ID, but I'm guessing I'm incorrect, since typing in a task ID tried to reference a file called the ID in my installation folder.

Any way to simply link to a separate task for reference?

Thanks!

.dan.g.

Apr 19, 2018, 8:02:54 PM4/19/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
1. Right click on the task
2. Copy As > Task Link
3. Paste into 'File Link' field

Dave

Apr 20, 2018, 8:43:05 AM4/20/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thank you!

Luke

Aug 15, 2018, 8:16:38 PM8/15/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,

I am attempting to take this one step further and link a task from one tasklist to another task in a different tasklist. I used the Copy As > Task Link (Full) option. When I pasted this into the file link and clicked on the "View" icon it link right to it. Later I attempted to navigate to it via the TDL icon in the File Link column in the table and windows prompted me to select an application to open the file. Should these two buttons function differently?

Thank you!

.dan.g.

Aug 15, 2018, 8:20:05 PM8/15/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Welcome Luke.

Clicking the File Link column utilises the OS itself to 'run' the link, which means you will need to enable 'Tools > Preferences > General > Enable 'tdl://' as a url protocol'.

Luke

Aug 15, 2018, 9:19:18 PM8/15/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
That was it! Thank you sir!