BUG: Task Reminder Dialog continually "pops up"

Dave

May 10, 2018, 1:15:35 PM5/10/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys - I'm only been using ToDoList for around a month, but so far it's been a decent fit for what I've been looking for.

I've got an initial structure in place and I'm starting to add my tasks/projects as they come, but I could use your help on one particularly annoying feature that honestly will drive me away from the app if I can't figure out how to stop it - the Task Reminder dialog.

Like all other task list products I've used, I'm using the reminder feature to, well.. remind me when something is due.  What's happening though is the dang thing won't go away.  Regardless of whether I minimize it, close it, or just click away, about 30 seconds later it pops up again.  So annoying/distracting.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong as I've never seen this behaviour in any other tool, and I've used a few.  I know that if I just processed all the tasks in the dialog list it would go away, but I'm not always ready to address something right that second, yet don't feel a need to waste the time to just update it's reminder date.

Any suggestions?

.dan.g.

May 10, 2018, 9:10:49 PM5/10/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Welcome Dave.

Can you confirm whether or not you are snoozing or dismissing reminders when the dialog pops up?

Dave

May 11, 2018, 8:42:30 AM5/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I am doing neither.  Sometimes I click minimize window, sometimes close window.  In both cases the window pops back up again very shortly.

I know it's a reminder and it's trying to help me, but often I am working on other things and don't want to process reminders right away.  What was the expected behaviour would be for minimize: stay minimized so I can navigate back to it when I have time.  For close window, stay closed but "pop" up again next time I start the app.

Thanks!

.dan.g.

May 11, 2018, 11:04:35 PM5/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for your clarification Dave.

I'm happy to change 7.2 (currently in beta) to respect the closed/minimised state of the reminder window unless a new notification is being added to the list ie. one you haven't seen before.

.dan.g.

May 12, 2018, 1:21:46 AM5/12/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.2.B11