BUG: file tab list - closed all tabs under the task list

topforum

Feb 20, 2019, 2:41:54 PM2/20/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

Hallo,

first of all, the most important question - if the 8 tabs under the task list are closed, does this permanently reduce the CPU resources?

To save CPU resources and for a better overview , I have permanently closed all tabs under the task list (except the tree view).

However, for old and new files the tabs are displayed below the to-do list.

Is it a bug or do I have to set something else?

The screenshot shows my settings after multiple restarts and a newly created file.

file tab list

How can I close these tabs permanently?

Aren't my settings in the options sufficient?

I have closed these tabs for several files so far and after a restart they were there again.

best regards

Tabs_unter_Aufgabenliste_Tabs_under the task list_sshot-2019-02-20_20-21-49 - mit Pfeilen.jpg

.dan.g.

Feb 20, 2019, 11:52:19 PM2/20/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> if the 8 tabs under the task list are closed, does this permanently reduce the CPU resources?

Unlikely to make much difference.

>> However, for old and new files the tabs are displayed below the to-do list.

It's a bug for new tasklists. For previously loaded tasklists, either right-click on one of the tabs, or 'Menu > View > Task View Visibility'.

topforum

Feb 22, 2019, 7:55:56 AM2/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
If the bugfix should be more complicated, that also with existing files, when they are opened again the next day, all removed tabs appear again, then I have the following idea:

"right-click on one of the tabs, or 'Menu > View > Task View Visibility'".

How about an additional menu item in both places:

all - sets the checkbox for all items
nothing - removes the checkbox for all entries

At the moment it is relatively difficult to deactivate 8x checkboxes per day for many files.

.dan.g.

Feb 23, 2019, 8:48:04 PM2/23/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
The task view preferences for 'File > New' tasklists have been fixed in 7.2.7.

>> relatively difficult to deactivate 8x checkboxes per day

Once you have hidden the tabs on existing tasklists via 'View > Task View Visibility', this will be remembered the next time you start ToDoList.