Question: Error when running on wine-4.0

ivangretsky

Feb 18, 2019, 1:53:24 PM2/18/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Good day!

I am trying to run ToDoList on Linux Mint 19.1 with wine 4.0 stable.
I have completed all the installation steps outlined here. When I run wine ToDoList.exe I get this error:

0009:err:module:DelayLoadFailureHook failed to delay load comctl32.dll.HIMAGELIST_QueryInterface

it seems to be caused by

0009:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)

Could you please suggest how to solve this?

.dan.g.

Feb 18, 2019, 8:38:49 PM2/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi ivangretsky

Can you try removing following components from your install folder?

dotnet_lugins.PNG

.dan.g.

Feb 18, 2019, 8:39:57 PM2/18/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Try this first.

ivangretsky

Feb 20, 2019, 1:50:44 AM2/20/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Good day!

Thanks for quick suggestions. But neither worked.

I have found the link to the wine forums you provided earlier and tried to reinstall wine. I used wine-stable and wine-development. I tried to create 32bit WINEPREFIX. All wothout a luck.
I also removed the files you highlighted, but the program still won't start.

I think there are 2 things that might be important here and that I did not mention:
1. The program actually starts. I can see the language selection dialog, the dialog to select where the settings should be stored and the columns selection dialog. But after that the program dies.
2. In the winetricks interface in the description to the comctl32 dll it is said that it provides version 5.8 controls, while from the cli output I understand I need version 6.0. Maybe I should try an earlier version? If so which one and where do I download it from?

.dan.g.

Feb 21, 2019, 1:16:36 AM2/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> it is said that it provides version 5.8 controls, while from the cli output I understand I need version 6.0

If your installed WineTricks only has comctl32 dll v5.8 then this will definitely be a problem. You must use v6.0.

Try typing "todolist abstractspoon" into https://www.winehq.org/search?q=todolist and seeing if any of the results are helpful.

.dan.g.

Feb 21, 2019, 1:20:22 AM2/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. ToDoList has _always_ required v6 of comctl32 dll.

.dan.g.

Feb 21, 2019, 1:23:36 AM2/21/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Have you read './Resources/ReadMe/readme.linux.txt'?

ivangretsky

Feb 22, 2019, 3:55:16 AM2/22/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I've read those. The only thing I can think of is that I might be using the outdated winetricks installed from the default repository. Will check it out with manually installed winetricks and report back.

ivangretsky

Feb 24, 2019, 3:44:10 AM2/24/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Good day!

I got it working. The trick was NOT to install comctl32 (and vcrun6) via winetricks as described here http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=linux. Thr recent wine seems to have it by default, while winetricks from Ubuntu repo (not as outdated as I thought) installs 5.8 version of comctl32. Only the mfc42 dll was needed to be installed via winetricks.

.dan.g.

Feb 24, 2019, 6:22:14 PM2/24/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Excellent news.

Would you be prepared to add a suitable comment about your specific situation via a pull request?