Question: How can I turn on filtering by a given tag using a single click (or else using a hotkey to filter for that tag)?

John Smith

Aug 24, 2016, 9:25:26 PM8/24/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Is there any way to make all the Tags permanently visible on the dashboard,  and to switch on a filter for a fresh Tag (and simultaneously switch off a previous Tag filter ) with a single click?

Failing that, is there any way to a way to turn on a Tag filter by using a hotkey?

With thanks

John Smith

Aug 24, 2016, 11:35:12 PM8/24/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

To get clear, my real problem is that to go from filtering by one Tag to filtering by a different tags seem to involve 4 actions:
1. Click on Tags field (on filters bar),
2. Untick the existing Tag,
3. Tick the new tag you want
4. (move right hand to keyboard) hit Enter

OR by keyboard
1. Alt+G four times
2. Down arrow enough times to get to the Tag you dont want
3. Space bar to untick
4. Arrow up or down to the Tag you do want
5. Space bar to tick
6. Enter
[phew!]

I'm planning to do a LOT of changing of Tag filters, and either way that's a lot of interaction just to change Tag filter(!).

I guess one could set up a saved filter with each of the Tags I'm going to need in place, however if you do that, for some reason the Filter bar seems to get locked.(Is that changeable?)
i.e. There doesn't seem to be any easy way of adding to or removing filters from an named "Find Tasks" view.