Suggestion: Doing more with Custom Attributes

Peeves

Feb 9, 2019, 12:30:56 AM2/9/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
As I become more comfortable with the program, I notice that certain things that are afforded to Default Attributes are not accessible by Custom Attributes.

Modifying/Adding Custom Attributes through command line isn't available, you cannot set Custom Attributes as the target when importing from other file formats, and Custom Attributes do not carry over when copy-pasting to different sheets.

I wish you could define what settings were considered default in the settings as well. Would help when making multiple sheets using the same format without importing from another sheet each time.

Basically, allow more to be done with Custom Attributes!

.dan.g.

Feb 9, 2019, 1:34:18 AM2/9/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Peeves

>> Modifying/Adding Custom Attributes through command line isn't available,

You can modify custom attribute values using the '-ca' switch (Help > Command Line Options)

>> you cannot set Custom Attributes as the target when importing from other file formats

You'll need to be a bit more specific here. What formats are you talking about?

>> Custom Attributes do not carry over when copy-pasting to different sheets.

Can you please repost this as a bug

Peeves

Feb 9, 2019, 9:00:57 AM2/9/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
>> You'll need to be a bit more specific here. What formats are you talking about?

Specifically when importing from a CSV file, I was unable to assign a custom attribute column to an existing custom attribute within the .tdl

>> You can modify custom attribute values using the '-ca' switch (Help > Command Line Options)

The `-ca` switch is not mentioned in http://abstractspoon.com/wiki/doku.php?id=command-line - but I do see it in the help included in 7.2.4, thank you

.dan.g.

Feb 13, 2019, 1:01:41 AM2/13/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> I was unable to assign a custom attribute column to an existing custom attribute within the .tdl

It is possible but you need to prepare your CSV before importing.

Specifically, the CSV importer is looking for a column header of the form '<attribute title> (<attribute ID>)'.

Once the CSV contains such a column header you can assign that attribute to 'Custom Attribute' or 'Custom Attribute (list)' and the importer will match the attribute ID from the header with an existing custom attribute definition.