list of suggestions (and partly mixed in questions and possibly bugs)

cad@gkmm

Sep 22, 2017, 4:50:55 AM9/22/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I hope this is not too much, but maybe it is more effective, then a lot
of individual posts:

1) Calendar: Couldn't figure out how the tasks within one day in calendar view are sorted
(when they have the same starting time). Therefore I'd like to suggest a
sorting mechanism for such tasks in calendar view.

2) In the attributes details list (grid), it would be nice if all attributes
(where it makes sense) could be edited with a dbl click on them.

Atm this is the case e.g. for "Recurs", "Flag", "Reminder" and
"Icon", but why not do it for all potential canditates?

3) In any date edit field of the task edit field "toolbar":
When clicking a date check-box or clicking the down arrow then the date
picker
pops up. I find that A) sometimes I can hit Enter to confirm today's
value but this does not always work (if focus is somewhre else and focus
does not go to the check-box on first click) and B) it would be even nicer
if after checking the check-box I would not have to confirm the default
value (preferably the most recent value if there was a date before in this
field for this task that had been "unchecked"
or else today's date ofc) at
all (but still be able to pick someting else from the date picker, if I
want to of course).

4) Calendar: Be able to select and drag & drop more than one task together.

5) Calendar: When holding Shift or Ctrl (or both) while draging a task, the
hotkey will change the "snap mode" to "Nearest day" resp. to "Nearest Hour"
or "Nearest Half-Day". This is nice. However, it kind of reverses the
niceness about it if the snap mode does not "snap back" to its original
value after releasing the hotkey. E.g. if I have it set to "Nearest Day"
(as my standard mode) then I may want to press the hotkey to temporarily
use the "Nearest Hour" setting but I want it to return to "Nearest Day" as
soon as I release the hotkey again. Besides, I could not find a hotkey
which sets it to "No Snapping". Just thinking if this setting is there in
the drop down then why skip it from the hotkeys?

6) Calendar: "Dynamically adjust the height of tasks to ensure full visibility" in
the calendar options seems to not work.

7) Calendar: The comments are not shown after the task title (as much as
would fit), even if the option is enabled and works in list and tree view,
it does not work in calendar view.

8) Calendar: Would really be nice if the weekends could be set to NOT be
displayed (or if this cannot be done, then to have task which span across the weekend not be displayed on the weekend).

9) Calendar: Would be nice if one could mark days as "holidays" and that on
such days no tasks (if they span across a holiday) are shown. (Would ease
my mind to have the optical confirmation that this day is free of tasks.)

10) Calendar: When changing the value of Prefs "Treat tasks without a due
date as being 'Due Today' or on the 'Start' date whichever is later", this
does not take effect (coloring of red for due tasks) in calendar view unitl
I close and restart TDL.

11) A year's view would be nice too (but not that important).

12) Task templates would be nice too (or did I overlook something which
could be used as template?).

13) A search/find field in the preferences dialog would be nice in order to
re-find certain prefs faster.

14) When I split up a task in 2 sub-tasks, the main task is not shown in
calendar anymore (which might be on purpose and might be a good idea),
however if I delete both sub-tasks again then the main task does NOT
reappear in calendar view. I guess that this is a bug? I don't mind about
this bug, since I have to still get used to sub-tasks and how to handle/use
them but I just noticed this and thought I mention it as well.

15) I assume that this will be too difficult/not possible to implement, but
if the currently selected task could be colored as well, that would be
AWESOME. At least for it to be greyed out immediately when I mark it as
completed.

Enough for now. Probability is high, though, that I will come back with
more in other threads.

.dan.g.

Sep 23, 2017, 4:25:44 AM9/23/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sorry, one suggestion per post with a proper title. Same for bugs. Question posts can contain multiple questions but must be related and have a proper title.