Question: installer from app fails to copy TDLUpdate.exe

Jon R

Jul 3, 2019, 5:27:35 AM7/3/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

Minor thing I guess but an error from installer fails to copy files - from the log - (edit -originally I thought just one but in fact looks like all of them).

FileMisc::CopyFile(C:\Users\630Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\9F5C\TDLUpdate.exe -> C:\Users\Jon\Documents\TDL630\TDLUpdate.exe) FAILED! (5) (03/07/2019 09:55:41)

FileMisc::CopyFile(C:\Users\Jon\Documents\TDL630.bak\TDLUpdate.exe -> C:\Users\Jon\Documents\TDL630\TDLUpdate.exe) FAILED! (5) (03/07/2019 09:55:41)

I have a non-admin user account and was prompted for the UAC pwd, idk if this is a factor.

So I just copied manually from a downloaded zip - but was wondering why this file  (TDLUpdate.exe) is copied back from the bak folder to overwrite the 'new' version that was just copied? (idk what this file does, is a new one needed every time?)

Thanks,
Jon

.dan.g.

Jul 7, 2019, 8:58:29 PM7/7/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Jon

Can you reproduce this at will? ie. From any previous version?

>>  but was wondering why this file  (TDLUpdate.exe) is copied back from the bak folder

The backup was restored simply because the update couldn't copy the downloaded files to your install folder.

>> idk what this file does, is a new one needed every time?

Everything gets updated during an update, that's just the way it is...

>> was prompted for the UAC pwd,

The UAC prompt is expected because TDLUpdate wants to run as admin.