BUG: List can not be stored/saved (7.1.1.8)

forelo

Mar 14, 2017, 6:58:22 PM3/14/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

For a long time I use their extremely helpful software.
Due to the last update (7.1.1.8), I unfortunately have the big problem that I can not save my list anymore.
Also the set fuse every xxx minutes does not work. Instead I get the error message: list could not be saved because of an unexpected error (0).

Can they help me?

They have heartfelt thanks.
Best regards

forelo

.dan.g.

Mar 14, 2017, 7:17:14 PM3/14/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Welcome forelo.

Do you have a backup of your tasklist from the version before that you can send me?

forelo

Mar 15, 2017, 3:05:17 AM3/15/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Good morning .dan.g.,

I would love to do that. Unfortunately, I have in the rich text area conversation notices and e-mail traffic to the operations.
Therefore, I can not publish the list easily.
The list is very extensive with a size of currently 138MB.
I could reduce the list to a few points and delete the rich text area. Would that be an option? If so, where should I send the list?

Thanks alot.

Forelo

.dan.g.

Mar 15, 2017, 9:13:54 PM3/15/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Forelo

>> The list is very extensive with a size of currently 138MB.

Wow, that's way beyond what TDL was designed for...

>> I could reduce the list to a few points and delete the rich text area. Would that be an option?

Before you do that could you re-run TDL with '-g' on the commandline and then perform the 'failed' save operation?

This will enable timing information to be saved to a log file which may help me to figure out the problem.

You can post the log file here as there should be no confidential information in the log. Feel free to obfuscate anything so long as the timing information is not modified.

Dan

forelo

Mar 21, 2017, 9:29:56 AM3/21/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello Dan,
you are right, the list is not intended for this size.

I use a list for several independent projects. It helps me both for planning and for logging.
I have now split a list into different topic lists. I am very happy to be able to save again.

In summary, one can say: A list with more than 130MB is not perfomant.

Question:
Can this be changed in the future?

Thank you very much and all the best.

Forelo