BUG: Column attribute settings

zajchap

Apr 15, 2016, 5:15:21 PM4/15/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
   This is more a "am I using this function properly" question, although it could be a bug?
   What I am finding, is every so often the column visibility settings don't seem to be respected / remembered.  And I wonder if this has something to do with my recent use of -z.
   What I am seeing is:
  • Tasklists sometimes open with 'Control each field individually' on, while the default is set at 'show fields whose corresponding...".  So the filter bar is short and there is no edit bar.
  • Every so often, the column information is at least partially lost.  Mostly the icon and completion check columns appear when they aren't wanted.
  • I had one tasklist that reverted its column positions multiple times, but this was when I was doing some testing for other things, so was opening and closing in various versions, possibly with -z on sometimes only.
  • The above were settings in default, but has since been changed - yet it is still happening.
  • This is not consistent.  I haven't worked out what I am doing that causes this.
   This is on tasklists that are not shared.  I will need to do some testing when I get time, but at the moment it seems a bit random to me.  If you have any ideas, I would welcome them.

.dan.g.

Apr 18, 2016, 3:36:58 AM4/18/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Tasklists sometimes open with 'Control each field individually' on, while the default is set at 'show fields whose corresponding...".

I think I've seen this too so I've changed this to bug report.

>> And I wonder if this has something to do with my recent use of -z.

Might be. Especially if it seemed stable before.

>> Mostly the icon and completion check columns appear when they aren't wanted.

This is quite possible because both the icon and checkbox can alternatively be displayed beside the task title text which requires more complex logic and hence bugs.

So in summary it's probably me not you who is at fault, though any identifiable patterns you can spot and report would be most helpful.

.dan.g.

Apr 18, 2016, 3:46:26 AM4/18/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> Mostly the icon and completion check columns appear when they aren't wanted.

ps. If you ever see either of these columns when the checkbox/icon is also displayed alongside the task title text then this is definitely a bug.

zajchap

Apr 18, 2016, 7:44:49 AM4/18/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
This has only occurred since around the time of 7.1, which is also around the time I started playing with -z.

I have not seen the icon/checkbox next to the task at the same time as the columns are visible.

One thing that is definitely a bug I have seen a few times.  I open the tasklist, and it appears to in "control each .. individually' mode.  I go to 'task attribute visibility' settings and the setting is actually 'show fields whose corresponding...' .  Click OK to dismiss the dialog, and everything appears as expected.  This has only happened a few times though.

.dan.g.

Apr 18, 2016, 9:59:56 PM4/18/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
It could be the -z flag causing a different sequence of visibility setting initialisation. I'll take a look.

ps. Does each tasklist typically start up in a specific 'View' tab (tree, list, etc) or is it fairly random?

zaj chap

Apr 18, 2016, 10:02:24 PM4/18/16
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

It is random, but I only notice it in the task tree.

Sent with SolMail App

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Wiki and other resources: https://github.com/abstractspoon/ToDoList_Wiki/wiki