BUG: Automatic resize of large image pasted in comment view

Sebastien C.

Feb 2, 2017, 5:34:08 AM2/2/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi
it seems there is a limit in the size of the screen shot pasted in the comment view.
if the screenshot is more than 10 , it is automaticaly resize to fit in the 10

in the screenshot, you can see the difference between before and after upgrade :)

Can i disable this limit / auto rezise ?

Kind regards, Sebastien
todolist resize problem.gif

Pierre de la Verre

Feb 2, 2017, 5:08:51 PM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
What to you mean with "size of 10"?
Cm? kB? ....

.dan.g.

Feb 2, 2017, 6:46:49 PM2/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I'm guessing that Sebastien means 'pasted more than 10 times'...

.dan.g.

Feb 2, 2017, 8:07:47 PM2/2/17
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Sebastien.

This was caused by a recent fix I made to guard against a crash when pasting images from Firefox or Edge browsers.

I'll review the fix to see if I can avoid this undesirable side-effect.

Sebastien C.

Feb 3, 2017, 5:04:23 AM2/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi, sorry for the delay in my response.
when i say size, i was thinking length, in my screen shot i make a vertical blue line align just before mark 10.

I will do some testing to measure the exact length (nearly 10cm i think in regards of the screen shot)

kind regards, Sébastien

Sebastien C.

Feb 3, 2017, 5:29:00 AM2/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi
here is a new screenshot. I hope its more easy to understand with it ^^
I think that somewhere there is a code that say: If ( length >= 400 px ; resize to 400px and paste ; paste )

i have test the past more than 10 time on the same taks and there is no problem for me.
Kind regards, Sébastien
exemple.JPG

.dan.g.

Feb 9, 2017, 2:27:38 AM2/9/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.1?

Sebastien C.

Feb 9, 2017, 2:58:43 AM2/9/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Its fixed :) (look the image attached)
Thanks a lot Dan
Kind regards, Sebastien
exemple2.JPG

Sebastien C.

Mar 1, 2017, 11:05:40 AM3/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi, it was Good in 7.1.1
But with 7.1.1.6 the problem is Back

Le jeudi 9 février 2017 08:27:38 UTC+1, .dan.g. a écrit :
Message has been deleted

.dan.g.

Mar 1, 2017, 9:43:51 PM3/1/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Can you confirm what method you are using to copy/paste the image?

I'm finding that pasting image files from Explorer works okay but copy/pasting an image from the browser does not work...

Sebastien C.

Mar 2, 2017, 3:45:39 AM3/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi, you have one point,
i have test multiple copy paste method and it seems to work with "photos" the standard program for image file with W10 and not with "chrome" or "windows capture tool"
i attached an animated gif file (make with LICEcap http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ )

i will try to take time this saturday or sunday and test other copy paste method, ill return information after (sunday or monday i think)

So for now, i will have to Screen with capture tool -> save the screen -> open the file -> right clic copy -> right clic paste
Until we can found a solution for screen with capture tool -> direct paste ^^

Thanks, Sebastien
copy paste method.gif

.dan.g.

Mar 2, 2017, 6:36:56 PM3/2/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Sebastien.

No need to do further testing until 7.1.1.7 is out because I think I have found a way to solve the problem.

.dan.g.

Mar 3, 2017, 4:29:22 AM3/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Fixed in 7.1.1.7?

Sebastien C.

Mar 3, 2017, 12:06:41 PM3/3/17
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi :)
Its ok copy paste from the Windows tool and ALT Print screen and Copy from nicrosoft edge browser. !
Thanks :)
exemple4.JPG