Question: path to current db : copy or open folder

G-Eric

Nov 8, 2018, 11:20:36 AM11/8/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Small suggestion to help management of the 'TDL' files.

At the bottom left corner of the window, the path of the visible database is displayed.
I suggest to offer to copy this path to the clipboard e.g. when you right click on this path.

This way, you could use the copied path using the 'paste' function without having to type it manually.
This would help to reduce the risk of typo's and speed up the action.

As a bonus, the right click could even instead open a small popup menu proposing either to copy the path to the clipboard or to open the containing folder.

Thanks for  your work - Eric

.dan.g.

Nov 8, 2018, 6:25:16 PM11/8/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric

The functionality is already there but not via the status bar:

'Tools > Show Tasklist in Explorer'
'Tools > Copy Tasklist Path'

These options are also available if you right click the active tasklisk tab.

tasklistinexplorer.PNG

ps. I guess I could make this menu available via the status bar too...

Dan

G-Eric

Nov 9, 2018, 6:51:38 AM11/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

Thanks for kindly drawing my attention to the existing solution.

As it was a 'file' related need, I searched in the menu under 'File' drop list and did not found it - therefore my reaction to suggest it.
I feel sorry for not having been clever by looking further in the other menu items.

If you can easily make this menu available via the status bar (e.g. right click on the displayed file path), I think it might be useful for zebra's like me.  :-)

.dan.g.

Nov 11, 2018, 4:00:15 AM11/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
No worries!

G-Eric

Nov 11, 2018, 4:17:19 PM11/11/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

Tested and found available in v7.2.RC11 - Many thanks for this additional useful feature.