Suggestion: Clipboard capture

Luis Palomino

Jan 22, 2018, 3:12:00 PM1/22/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel. Could you, please, incorporate a "Clipboard capture" button which, when it is activated, it allow create new tasks only copying the selected text from whatever other program, without the necessity of returning back to ToDoList?  This feature saves a lot of time because you don´t need to change windows to create a new task. You can focus on every thing that you need to capture quicly, and after all, you can organize them. The captured text would be pasted directly into the comment box in RTF format. The title of this task could be generated automatically capturing the first words of the comment. Thank you!

.dan.g.

Jan 22, 2018, 8:21:19 PM1/22/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Sorry Luis, I didn't reply to your original post.

Yes, I can see that this could be a valuable feature but at present it would only appear at the soonest in 7.4

.dan.g.

Jan 22, 2018, 8:28:44 PM1/22/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
>> The captured text would be pasted directly into the comment box in RTF format

ps. Something that is not clear from appearances is that the 'Simple Text' and 'Rich Text' comments are both plugins that TDL knows virtually nothing about.

What this means in practice is that interaction between TDL and the comments field is extremely limited (intentionally) and the idea of 'pasting' is currently not available in that interaction.

It would probably be feasible to achieve something of what you want but full integration between TDL and the RTF comments is never going to occur.

Luis Palomino

Jan 23, 2018, 9:11:52 AM1/23/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan. "One Look Is Worth A Thousand Words". Please watch this short video that I uploaded for explain you briefly and more easily this Suggestion in action:

Thank you!