Info: Preview of a Mind Map plugin

.dan.g.

Jan 4, 2018, 6:01:52 AM1/4/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com

This is one of the very first plugins I wanted to write but I always imagined it to be too hard so I was forever looking for an open source 3rd party control that never appeared.

I decided to bite the bullet a few days ago and here's the first preview. I'll update the image as it progresses.

The final result will be scrollable, have nice curved connection lines and preferences to control various aspects of the UI. All feedback welcome

Dan

G-Eric

Jan 4, 2018, 7:47:46 AM1/4/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thanks for sharing - nice and efficient tool.
UI aspect preference I would search for: hide the trailing task id.

All the best for the starting new year!

Koruneko

Jan 4, 2018, 10:19:14 AM1/4/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello !

Really interested in this feature that simplifies the work of organizing tasks; especially during braistorming phases; or to have a global view of project's structure.

We tried to use Freeplane by the past by exporting/importing .mm format but it didn't preserve all the attributes of tasks.
Considering having it natively in TDL would be a great improvement if it allows to manage attribs and dependencies.

Is this feature considered for the v7.2 or 7.3+?

PS : What is TaskList statistics plugin in the screenshot ? :o)

.dan.g.

Jan 4, 2018, 6:22:55 PM1/4/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Eric.

Yes, I agree about the Task ID, I have been using that for testing purposes and forgot to remove it for the screenshot...

.dan.g.

Jan 4, 2018, 6:34:01 PM1/4/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx for your comments Koruneko

>> simplifies the work of organizing tasks

Of course, drag and drop is a must!

>> if it allows to manage attribs and dependencies.

Attributes will appear below the Mindmap just like with other plugins (just hidden to reduce the image size) and dependencies will be shown with a dotted line (I'm thinking, but this could be user configurable).

>> Is this feature considered for the v7.2 or 7.3+?

Probably 7.3 but I will release a working preview (think 7.3.DR0) much sooner, once I have label-editing, keyboard-navigation and drag-and-drop implemented.

>> What is TaskList statistics plugin in the screenshot ?

Haha! That's just a placeholder at the moment because I don't have any clear ideas around what it might be. But it could show pie-charts and other user-definable graph types:

Image result for ms .Net graphing
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

MB

Jan 17, 2018, 5:02:37 PM1/17/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello Dan,

the mind map tool is a great addition. Especially for complex tasks, the mind map helps to get a better overview of the entire project.

Best regards
Marcus

Am Donnerstag, 4. Januar 2018 12:01:52 UTC+1 schrieb .dan.g.:
> This is one of the very first plugins I wanted to write but I always imagined it to be too hard so I was forever looking for an open source 3rd party control that never appeared.
>

> I decided to bite the bullet a few days ago and here's the first preview. I'll update the image as it progresses.

Sw MATISA

Feb 2, 2018, 8:52:18 AM2/2/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello Dan,

The mind map tool is very interesting. It would be nice to be able to put the root on the top or on the left of the diagram.

Best Regards
Serge

Giamma Theo

Feb 2, 2018, 9:04:59 AM2/2/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Very nice, what about exporting to yEd and or FreePlane/FreeMind

.dan.g.

Feb 3, 2018, 8:30:52 PM2/3/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Putting it on the left is possible but putting it at the top won't work because of the width of each item. ie. it only really works horizontally...
Message has been deleted

Sw MATISA

Feb 5, 2018, 1:57:04 AM2/5/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
OK for the left. Thanks for this great tool

.dan.g.

Feb 5, 2018, 4:37:15 AM2/5/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

Sw MATISA

Feb 6, 2018, 4:24:23 AM2/6/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hello,
Print and PrintPreview are not working. Idem for Word Cloud.
Thanks for this plugin. Is there a way to get the source code?

.dan.g.

Feb 6, 2018, 5:28:40 AM2/6/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I haven't finished full integration of the new plugins with the application. It will probably be ongoing work after 7.2 is released.

Serge Wenger

Feb 6, 2018, 8:58:26 AM2/6/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
OK thanks

--
Download Latest Version: http://abstractspoon.pbworks.com/f/todolist_exe.zip
Website: http://abstractspoon.weebly.com/

Pierre de la Verre

Feb 9, 2018, 6:39:41 PM2/9/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
@Giamma Theo

relating yed / Freemind / Freeplane there was a short discussion here:
http://yed.yworks.com/support/qa/512/export-from-freemind-to-yed-simple-xsl