Question: Is it possible to 'rename' a category or Tag?

mikro

Feb 22, 2018, 6:25:17 AM2/22/18
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Every once in a while I run into the problem of renaming a tag or category that is still needed and corretly set throughout the tasks but the name doesn't quite fit anymore.
From there I need to filter for the tag/category and then correct every task by Hand, which is pretty anoying.
Is there a way to replace the name of a tag/category in one step?

THX a lot!
Mikro

.dan.g.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:11:01 PM2/22/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Unfortunately there is no one-step method for renaming attribute values, however 7.2 does make it somewhat easier to edit multiple tasks simultaneously.

Here's how I would rename 'Work' to 'Word' in 7.2:

1. Add 'Word' to one of the 'Work' items
2. Filter by 'Word' and 'Work'
3. Switch to the 'List View' so you won't see any un-matching parent tasks
4. <Ctrl+A> to select all of the filtered tasks
5. Deselect 'Work' and select 'Word' in the attribute droplist
6. Delete 'Work' from the attribute droplist

In the future I can see myself adding a one-step menu option but not right now.

mikro

Feb 26, 2018, 5:59:13 AM2/26/18
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

Hi Dan,