Info: ToDoList 7.2.5 is available for download

.dan.g.

Feb 9, 2019, 8:14:16 PM2/9/19
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

Get it here or update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

What's Changed from 7.2.4:
  • Added 'Search' field to 'Preferences' dialog
  • Fixed 'Week Planner' task visibility after uncompleting a task
  • Fixed 'Attribute Inheritance' for tasks containing 'References'
Enjoy!

mmhasse

Feb 10, 2019, 7:56:42 AM2/10/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan, excellent implementation of searchable preferences!

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 2:14:16 AM UTC+1, .dan.g. wrote:
Hi Everyone

Get it here or update via 'Help > Check for Updates'.

What's Changed from 7.2.3:
  • Added 'Search' field to 'Preferences' dialog
  • Fixed 'Week Planner' task visibility after uncompleting a task
  • Fixed 'Attribute Inheritance' for tasks containing 'References'
Enjoy!

.dan.g.

Feb 10, 2019, 8:05:23 PM2/10/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Many thanks, it was easy once I had figured out my approach (which I stole from Visual Studio!)

G-Eric

Feb 16, 2019, 5:12:15 AM2/16/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

I report a visual glitch in Kanban view.

I don't attach the file 'Documentation.tdl' to evidence the issue as it relates to display and not record handling (aka 'engineering').
It is pure display misleading, where records handling is correct;

Let's assume that:
- tab view = Kanban
- in view, have the 'Completion checkbox' displayed next to task (I can't find out where to active this - sorry)
- top filter 'Show' = B) Incomplete tasks
- top filter 'Options' = unselect 'Show all subtasks'  (i.e. checkbox not ticked)
- program preferences : User Interface > General > Filtering > Automatically re-filter after editing = selected (i.e. checkbox ticked)

Action1 : check the 'completion box' of a task (preferably a subtask for better visibility, but not required)
Result1 : the task is marked as completed and disappear from the view (automatic refresh)
Side effect : you see at the bottom right corner that the currently selected task is 'x' (task id) but the related task is not colored as the selected task is expected to be
Action2 : go to view 'Task Tree' (no other action - just note that the task selected is visually marked by selection color) and then go back to view 'Kanban' (no other action)
Result2 : the task selected is now visually marked by selection color, as expected

IMHO, the Kanban view is missing a step at the end of the refresh process to color the selected task, what is misleading because any keyboard action will happen on a task that you don't see which one it is.
I hope you can understand my report, and stay available if you need more details.

Thanks for your attention - Have a nice day - Eric

.dan.g.

Feb 17, 2019, 6:57:48 PM2/17/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Eric

Could you illustrate this with some screenshots please?

G-Eric

Feb 18, 2019, 7:46:05 AM2/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Hi Dan,

Here it is!
    1. TDL_Kanban-1.png = initial situation, showed in 'Task Tree' view to present the structure and the task ID's.

      [ not visible : I click now on low tab 'Task Tree' to switch the view from 'Task Tree' to 'Kanban' - no other action performed by me ]

    2. TDL_Kanban-2.png = initial situation, showed in 'Kanban' view to verify that selected (32) evidencing task is colored (= selected).
      Btw, note that task 35 'MyRecords' is on top of display.

      [ not visible : I click now on the completion checkbox of task 32 to mark it as 'completed' - no other action performed by me ; however, the automatic filter reacts and hides the task 32 has it is now completed ]

    3. TDL_Kanban-3.png = situation after click, showed in 'Kanban' view evidencing (bottom right footer) that task 28 is now selected but this task is not colored.
      Btw, note that task 35 is not more at the top of display = the entire column list has "jumped" vertically.

      [ not visible : I click on low tab 'Task Tree' to switch the view from 'Kanban' to 'Task Tree' - no other action performed by me ]

    4. TDL_Kanban-4.png = situation after click, showed in 'Task Tree' view evidencing (bottom right footer) that task 28 is now selected and this task is colored.

      [ not visible : I click now on low tab 'Task Tree' to switch the view from 'Task Tree' to 'Kanban' - no other action performed by me ]

    5. TDL_Kanban-5.png = situation after click, showed in 'Kanban' view evidencing (bottom right footer) that task 28 is now selected but this task is now well colored.
      Btw, note the name of the view has not been updated / refresh (bottom right corner)

      I suspect that re-entering the 'Kanban' view did refresh something to color the task selected and that was not refreshed after the automatic filter action.

    6. TDL_Kanban-6.png = situation I would have visually expected after my action between points 2 & 3, i.e. complete task 32.
      The task 28 is colored and the task 35 did not "jumped" (no need as selected task is visible).

Thanks for your thoughts on this - Eric

TDL_Kanban-1.png
TDL_Kanban-2.png
TDL_Kanban-3.png
TDL_Kanban-4.png
TDL_Kanban-5.png
TDL_Kanban-6.png

.dan.g.

Feb 18, 2019, 6:25:17 PM2/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
Thx Eric. Please can you attach the tasklist shown in the images and your preferences?

>> I don't attach the file 'Documentation.tdl' to evidence the issue as it relates to display and not record handling (aka 'engineering')

Unfortunately, only I can be the real judge of that :)

.dan.g.

Feb 18, 2019, 6:28:19 PM2/18/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
ps. This is a bug and I will need you to repost it at the top-level please - just copy paste your text and the images...

G-Eric

Feb 19, 2019, 4:03:56 PM2/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

   >>  Thx Eric. Please can you attach the tasklist shown in the images and your preferences?

Files were just sent by email to your attention - Thanks

G-Eric

Feb 19, 2019, 4:05:24 PM2/19/19
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support

  >>   ps. This is a bug and I will need you to repost it at the top-level please - just copy paste your text and the images...

Reposted here.
This conversation is locked